Is it a bicycle or a motorbike?

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
We don't seem to have Senior/Junior members these days. What was the difference and why did they go?
There was some unhappiness about the various titles and they didn't have much meaning. For example, one became a senior member after a fixed number of posts, 100 I believe, and I had a Guru title from the earliest days that I'd never been happy with. After posting that I'd rather not have any title and considered myself just another member, the administrators changed the system to leave it title free. I think it more friendly this way and certainly more attractive to new members who might never reach 100 posts and could still be shown as juniors years later, regardless of their real experience.

Croxden

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 26, 2013
North Staffs
Thanks flecc, I new if anyone could it would be you. Where would we be...

There was some unhappiness about the various titles and they didn't have much meaning. For example, one became a senior member after a fixed number of posts, 100 I believe, and I had a Guru title from the earliest days that I'd never been happy with. After posting that I'd rather not have any title and considered myself just another member, the administrators changed the system to leave it title free. I think it more friendly this way and certainly more attractive to new members who might never reach 100 posts and could still be shown as juniors years later, regardless of their real experience.

Advertisers