Is it still possible to get a replacement battery for a Kudos Tempo?

deadmonkey

Pedelecer
Nov 21, 2010
GL12
Hello folks,

Hope you're having a good weekend. My sister has had a Kudos Tempo for a while, but having had to switch to driving for commuting when she next came to use the bike the battery was no more. I believe it's a 36v 10amp unit and wondered if there may be generic replacements anywhere that you wise folks could point me at please?

Their website no longer lists parts for that model sadly http://www.kudoscycles.com/

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
Answer is yes, it uses a generic battery known as a silver fish case. Plenty on ebay, amazon or other sites like Yosepower etc,etc, just double check the wire/pin out sequence on the bottom is correct so no bangs occur.

Reactions: deadmonkey

deadmonkey

Pedelecer
Nov 21, 2010
GL12
Answer is yes, it uses a generic battery known as a silver fish case. Plenty on ebay, amazon or other sites like Yosepower etc,etc, just double check the wire/pin out sequence on the bottom is correct so no bangs occur.
Thank you very much @Nealh really helpful :)

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
Just in case there is a fitting issue or locking issue, the new batteries often/usually come with a new battery fitting kit so one can simply replace like for like. You may find the battery 10mm longer or something else slightly different or it might be a direct simple fit in.

Reactions: deadmonkey