Is this genuine or a con.????

Fordulike

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 26, 2010
Looks dodgy with zero feedback. What's the betting there's no charger. Would avoid like the plague!

dinger19

Pedelecer
Jun 30, 2014
Kent
Looks dodgy with zero feedback. What's the betting there's no charger. Would avoid like the plague!
And only just joined fleabay.

D8ve

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 30, 2013
Bristol
At £11.5 it's worth a punt?
Just for the tyres etc.

RobF

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 22, 2012
In the text it says the price is £1,150.

Rubbish advert overall, but there are a couple of contact numbers, a location and he says he has the receipt.

Nothing there to suggest it's any more dodgy than anything else on ebay.

dinger19

Pedelecer
Jun 30, 2014
Kent
Well somebody did.

D8ve

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 30, 2013
Bristol
Wot someone in bristol?
It's a typo in the price init

Reactions: Fordulike

Fordulike

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 26, 2010
Listing mysteriously ended early.... Mmmmmmmm, a smell of haddock in the air ;)

D8ve

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 30, 2013
Bristol
Listing ended as someone paid!
£11.50 is a bargin for this bike

Fordulike

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 26, 2010
Listing ended as someone paid!
£11.50 is a bargin for this bike
Oh yes, I see now lol. I really should have paid more attention, the decimal point was in the wrong place. You're totally correct D8ve, someone got a bargain. That's if the seller honours the sale, which I doubt. Ebay newbie selling errors. They'll learn :p

D8ve

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 30, 2013
Bristol
Oh yes, I see now lol. I really should have paid more attention, the decimal point was in the wrong place. You're totally correct D8ve, someone got a bargain. That's if the seller honours the sale, which I doubt. Ebay newbie selling errors. They'll learn :p
Yup he doesn't want to hounor the sale and refunded my payment.
Dash that would have been a bargin.

D

Deleted member 4366

I'd like to know where the £2.80 postage came from, or was the decimal point wrong there too?

D8ve

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 30, 2013
Bristol
Perhaps someone else should bid. The postage alone would be more than buy it now plus second class delivery

trex

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 15, 2011
I reckon he does not care who wants to buy on ebay. He can always refund you and relist, does not even have to say it's a mistake.
He probably only wants to encourage potential buyers to phone him and do a deal outside ebay. Clever idea though.

Fordulike

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 26, 2010
I reckon he does not care who wants to buy on ebay. He can always refund you and relist, does not even have to say it's a mistake.
He probably only wants to encourage potential buyers to phone him and do a deal outside ebay. Clever idea though.
Maybe this part of his description:

'these Ktm bikes are rare don't come up for sale often so get in contact'

Should be changed to:

'I am sick of nicking Haibikes. Got lucky this time. Quick sale outside of eBay needed before the rozzers catch on'

RobF

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 22, 2012
'I am sick of nicking Haibikes. Got lucky this time. Quick sale outside of eBay needed before the rozzers catch on'
Other than the fact he is semi-literate, what is there to suggest he is a thief?

There are people in this thread who cannot spell, do you think they are all thieves?

As trex points out, ebay sellers sometimes list stuff at odd prices so it comes up first in searches, hoping a buyer will contact them to do a deal.

Fordulike

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 26, 2010
Other than the fact he is semi-literate, what is there to suggest he is a thief?

There are people in this thread who cannot spell, do you think they are all thieves?

As trex points out, ebay sellers sometimes list stuff at odd prices so it comes up first in searches, hoping a buyer will contact them to do a deal.
Woah mate, keep yer hair on, only a bit of light-hearted banter :eek: