May 25, 2017
Bristol
  • Agree
Reactions: LeighPing

Steve A

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 28, 2016
Ashford, UK
I looked at the Gain d10, great looking bike and reasonable price. If your looking for a road bike that gives limited assistance, but just enough to help get you up a hill then great.
Problem for me personally, is that I'm so used to having the Bosch cx performance motor with dongle fitted, loads of assistance if required and good top end it would be a backward step for me.
I love road bikes, but for me this is really trying to be a road bike visually, and too much of a compromise on motor/battery and limited top end speed. I think the additional weight although good off sets to some extend the benefit of the motor. It also needs to be able to assist up to say 20mph.

• Agree
Reactions: LeighPing

Crystal_pixie

Pedelecer
May 25, 2017
Bristol
The future of ebikes will be a low cost model that looks reasonable, sort of Citroen 2CV, Ford Poplar, VW beetle, not expensive high end models.
I think the base model Gain is retailing for £1699 which is pretty good considering. I take the point about assistance though. My Kalkhoff is fantastic at making hills easy. I would like to try one of the Orbea bikes out though.

anotherkiwi

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 26, 2015
The European Union
+100€ more for lights, mudguards and rack which is about what you would pay for quality add on equipment (tubus, SKS, Spanninga...).

1999€ - 200€ govt rebate = 1799€ that is 77.25€ x 24 months at current interest rates for a personal loan.

I wish they had a "woman's" frame, there is no apparent reason they couldn't make one...

The gearing is Claris road compact and a 34:34 ratio bottom gear with 250 W assistance + my 120 W will get me up my famous "hill back from the station".

Chainring

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 24, 2013
The future of ebikes will be a low cost model that looks reasonable, sort of Citroen 2CV, Ford Poplar, VW beetle, not expensive high end models.
You mean this type? http://www.feneticwellbeing.com/shop/fenetic-energy-step-through-electric-bike/ I use my bike every day, and in recent weeks have noticed quite an increase in the number of ebikes around. Most are going too fast to let me see what they are, but the ones parked outside shops are easier to peruse, and talk to the owners.