It was bound to happen

Max Tolerance

Pedelecer
Feb 24, 2022
After enjoying my bike for some months now, a little over confidence cost me two broken ribs. I was steering with one hand and putting something in to the pocket of my shirt with the other, bit of pedal, plenty of acceleration and a big rock. As I landed the handlebars went between my arm and my chest then I landed with all my weight onto my arm. Bang, the rest is history, cut my hand up as I "thought it was too hot for gloves" but not a mark otherwise as my Kevlar shirt took all the abrasion. Worth every penny.
I did however smash the rear (left) Brake master cylinder:

Today2-01.jpg

So now I need a replacement. Should I just go like for like or are there any preferred alternatives?

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015

Max Tolerance

Pedelecer
Feb 24, 2022
Last edited:

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
i know lol i got a dhx2 rear shock for 150 and only 2 years old, new one is 599 :eek:

AndyBike

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 8, 2020
If it helps, Ive some new Hope tech E4(front) and new X2(rear) calipers in purple for sale-bnib's
Just the calipers, not the levers.

i got a dhx2 rear shock for 150 and only 2 years old, new one is 599
Lucky.
Someone listed a new Float DPX2 Factory on ebay a bit back, taken off a new bike and listed for £300. I hummed and hawed for 2 mins and in that time some bugger bought it. The bastard ,it was in my size as well.

He who hesitates is lost :(

Last edited:
Reactions: Max Tolerance

Wisper Bikes

Trade Member
Apr 11, 2007
Sevenoaks Kent
And here:

No disrespect to Wisper who have been fabulous with a terrific product but I just like the idea of something made in England and support our own manufacturers for a change.
Looks excellent! Don’t forget though that all the parts come from either Asia or now in some cases Europe. It’s the assembly that’s done here. About £50 per bike which we spend in Portugal. We spend more than £100,000 a month in the UK on staffing, rents, business rates, tax etc etc. so we too are very much a British business.

All the best, David

Max Tolerance

Pedelecer
Feb 24, 2022
Looks excellent! Don’t forget though that all the parts come from either Asia or now in some cases Europe. It’s the assembly that’s done here. About £50 per bike which we spend in Portugal. We spend more than £100,000 a month in the UK on staffing, rents, business rates, tax etc etc. so we too are very much a British business.

All the best, David
I get that, which is why I bought one of your bikes, but Hope Tech:

Since 1989, owners Ian Weatherill and Simon Sharp have been pushing the industry forward through designing, testing and manufacturing virtually all products in-house at the factory in Barnoldswick, United Kingdom
Being a small business of a similar nature/background I am very conscious as to how few true engineers we now have in the UK and how few people are getting into engineering apprenticeships so.....

matthewslack

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 26, 2021

All the best, David
If it is not commercially sensitive, how many bikes do you sell in the UK, and do you have ops in other nations too?

Wisper Bikes

Trade Member
Apr 11, 2007
Sevenoaks Kent
If it is not commercially sensitive, how many bikes do you sell in the UK, and do you have ops in other nations too?
Hi Matthew, last year we sold about 5000 bikes (we are a small family run business) in the UK and have operations in Benelux, Portugal and New Zealand.

Hi Max, we train our techs through Cytech on apprenticeships. However we are just about to send our latest apprentice to a new 1 year course to a company in Ireland who will soon be offering City and Guilds qualifications.

All the best, David