It's bloody new and broken!

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
Something is draining the battery that's for sure, if it self drains when charged and left off the bike as well then likely the BMS is faulty and one or more bleed resistors are probably at fault.

Reactions: Underlayunderlay
D

Deleted member 25121

Can I suggest that you compare how the battery discharges after it's been fully charged and then:
1. Left off the bike
2. On the bike with the bike in standby
3. On the bike with the bike turned off

You'd then have some concrete info to give the supplier that would hopefully save everybody time in diagnosing and fixing the problem.

vfr400

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 12, 2011
Basildon
That's right, either the battery has something wrong with it or there is something wrong with the rest of the system. It's important that you test to see which it is by charging the battery and leaving it off the bike the same amount of time to see if the voltage drops. The battery can be replaced by post, but if the problem is in the controller, you probably need to send the whole bike back unless you're good with wires and cables because it's a bit tricky to thread them down the frame tube. You need a tool of some sort to pull them through.

Oxygen Electric Bikes

Finding my (electric) wheels
Sep 19, 2018
Good Morning

Ebikes direct have passed on your details to me and i have tried calling you. When you get the chance please call the office on 01709 886677 option 1

Alos if the battery is reading 39.8 volts on the meter but only shows 31.4 votls on the disply then there is no problem with the battery. its a fault between the battery and disply more oftern then not the controller isnt reading the correct voltage from the battery simple fix .
These things can happen

Reactions: flecc and Wicky

Underlayunderlay

Pedelecer
Oct 16, 2019
Dorset
Update:
Took off the display, switch and throttle to post back with the battery and charger after talking to e-bikes direct this morning.

Then I had a call from e-bikes to send the whole bike back complete so I put it back together and everything is working fine!

I spoke to e-bikes direct later, again very helpful, and a chap from Oxygen, also very helpful, who had a good idea of where the problem could have been and to be on the safe side it's going back for a check up and the controller will be swapped out for a new one just in case it wasn't only just a simple cable connection problem.

I'm going to lose the bike for a week but if I don't it'll always be on my mind that it might happen again.

Impeccable customer service from e-bikes direct and Oxygen so far.

I will post back here what, if anything, is found to be the issue once Oxygen have diagnosed it.

Last edited: