It's decided...

trex

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 15, 2011
not many members have bought Dillenger bikes.
After you do, please come back and share your view with us.

BALDYMONSTER

Pedelecer
Mar 1, 2016
Stirling
They seem very proffesional and established.

Plus I've just completely overhauled my Sarecen Mantra and can't face stripping the fecking bottom
Bracket again!

It can be a present for my girlfriend to soften the blow....;)

Going to get one one of those extension bars that goes onto the seat post that you can attach your dog to so they don't get to near the bike.

So Buster will be getting plenty not exercise in road work.

He already has his own gym in the garden with a springpole etc.

trex

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 15, 2011

BALDYMONSTER

Pedelecer
Mar 1, 2016
Stirling

trex

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 15, 2011
I just notice the integrated controller at the base of the battery.
It's a standard case but I don't know who else use the same case. You have to ask Dillenger to see if they can upgrade the battery.
Still, you should go to Halfords and sit on one of their fat bikes - just to be sure the bike feels OK.

BALDYMONSTER

Pedelecer
Mar 1, 2016
Stirling
I just notice the integrated controller at the base of the battery.
It's a standard case but I don't know who else use the same case. You have to ask Dillenger to see if they can upgrade the battery.
Still, you should go to Halfords and sit on one of their fat bikes - just to be sure the bike feels OK.

I'm a pretty big lad, one of these reasons I thought I should go for a fat bike.

trex

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 15, 2011
then that seems to be the right bike.

BALDYMONSTER

Pedelecer
Mar 1, 2016
Stirling
Dillinger would do a lot better if they answered the bloody phone or had an email address.

trex

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 15, 2011
if you can wait until the summer, woosh will have something better for less.

Kinninvie

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 5, 2013
Teesdale,England
Dillinger would do a lot better if they answered the bloody phone or had an email address.
I have been waiting over a year for a replacement rack for the one that snapped!
Dont hold your breath expecting any aftersales support.

trex

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 15, 2011
the frame will be same. I want to use Vee Rubber tyres, not Kenda. woosh bikes are usually about £1,000. This motor may add £100, I don't know. I only know the specs.

Reactions: Scott clarke

Scott clarke

Pedelecer
May 5, 2015
the frame will be same. I want to use Vee Rubber tyres, not Kenda. woosh bikes are usually about £1,000. This motor may add £100, I don't know. I only know the specs.
Looks to be a good bit of kit can't wait to see the finished product.

dazza22345

Pedelecer
Dec 24, 2015
I've recently bought a kit from dillenger, and actually found them to be alright. An email address for them is - support@dillenger.zendesk.com,
and I'm sure there is numbers on the site you can phone, not that I ever got answered on the uk mobile number shown.

My kit came with a thumb throttle due to them unexpectingly taking into account a conversation I had had with them a few months prior to ordering the kit. I emailed saying I needed the twist throttle as the kit showed and was sent one a few days later, cost free and with no arguments.

Just to check, had you realised the 750w bafang is street legal for the us, not the uk which is 250w? If that bothers you of course

Regarding the rack Kinninvie, have you seen the website someone had set up with regards to replacing the earlier racks? not sure if that wold give you more luck? Hopefully I wont have so much trouble if my kit packs up, but will worry about that if it happens. so far I've found them to be very helpful

Reactions: Kinninvie