Jeremy Clarkson Suspended

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
Yet the BBC statement says they have suspended him, so they must be able to do it, whatever his contract/employment status.
They can suspend or sack him from the show, since they own Top Gear and can dictate who appears in it.

D

Deleted member 4366

Maybe it's like the situation where you get offered a new job and they want you to start straight away. When you tell your present company, they tell you, you have to work out your three months notice, so you punch your supervisor and get to leave immediately.

SteveRuss

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 12, 2015
Bristol, Uk
I still won't get over the punishment to us for not being able to watch the remaining shows. I don't get the logic there myself, unless it's contractual.

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
I still won't get over the punishment to us for not being able to watch the remaining shows. I don't get the logic there myself, unless it's contractual.
Surely the logic is that if someone is deemed unacceptable, continuing to show them after that ruling would not be logical. I don't think you'll be deprived, the show will continue whatever happens.

Reactions: SteveRuss

Gringo

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 18, 2013
Northampton
With the technology available today in order to air the remaining shows, they could overlay all of J Cnutsons parts with Homer Simpson. Maybe then I'd wach the show.
Scratch that, it has to be Bender from Futurama

Reactions: selrahc1992

Alan Quay

Esteemed Pedelecer
Dec 4, 2012
Devon
It's going to be hard to justify not airing the unseen films (presumably already made and paid for) while BBC 3 are showing repeats. I'm looking at Jeremy Folk-Tard right now!

C

Cyclezee

In my previous profession, if I had behaved like JC is alleged to have done, I would have been instantly dismissed, been walked off the premises and be waiting to be charged with assault.....but then I'm not Godo_O

Last edited by a moderator:

selrahc1992

Esteemed Pedelecer
Dec 10, 2014
With the technology available today in order to air the remaining shows, they could overlay all of J Cnutsons parts with Homer Simpson. Maybe then I'd wach the show.
Scratch that, it has to be Bender from Futurama
That is inspirational, perhaps Photoshop Rolf Harris in

Reactions: Alan Quay

Croxden

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 26, 2013
North Staffs
What would have happened if the producer had smacked Clarkson?

He would have gone in an instant, money matters most.

Reactions: 4bound and flecc

Alan Quay

Esteemed Pedelecer
Dec 4, 2012
Devon
That is inspirational, perhaps Photoshop Rolf Harris in
(Allman Brothers faded down, Clarkson Voice)... Tonight on Top Gear: Hammond goes camping. May goes slowly. And Harris goes to prison for historical sex abuse...(Allmans faded back up)

SteveRuss

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 12, 2015
Bristol, Uk
Surely the logic is that if someone is deemed unacceptable, continuing to show them after that ruling would not be logical. I don't think you'll be deprived, the show will continue whatever happens.
Sure. But as mentioned by Mike on post 47, you can still watch previous episodes. I actually watched the most recent TG last night on iPlayer!

I don't watch TV at home and haven't for many years now so I don't have a Tv licence so who am I to moan.. :)

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
Sure. But as mentioned by Mike on post 47, you can still watch previous episodes. I actually watched the most recent TG last night on iPlayer!
I agree Steve, that does appear illogical, though, since they were filmed before the suspension event, they do not conflict with that decision.

Reactions: SteveRuss

lectureral

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 30, 2007
Suva, Fiji
I agree Steve, that does appear illogical, though, since they were filmed before the suspension event, they do not conflict with that decision.
Is the issue not that the "live" parts still have to be filmed (Wednesday before airing, I think) and since JC is suspended he can't be there?

Alan Quay

Esteemed Pedelecer
Dec 4, 2012
Devon
Is the issue not that the "live" parts still have to be filmed (Wednesday before airing, I think) and since JC is suspended he can't be there?
That's easy though, just do it without him, or get someone similarly odious to read his script?

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
I've no idea, presumably the BBC have some valid reason. There seem to have been mixed messages, first he was announced as suspended and the episodes postponed, then at 4pm on Wednesday's BBC Radio news that the remaining episodes were being cancelled. Since then they've returned to saying he's suspended, leaving us to wonder why the episodes or part made episode have been cancelled if he's only suspended at that stage.

D

Deleted member 4366

I got the feeling from his comments on the news this morning that he's not planning on returning to the BBC.

D C

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 25, 2013
The whole affair sounds more like he's jumped rather than been pushed and has himself engineered the suspension and refused to do the final shows.
d8veh suggested something similar in an earlier post.

Dave.

Reactions: jonathan75

lectureral

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 30, 2007
Suva, Fiji
I've no idea, presumably the BBC have some valid reason. There seem to have been mixed messages, first he was announced as suspended and the episodes postponed, then at 4pm on Wednesday's BBC Radio news that the remaining episodes were being cancelled. Since then they've returned to saying he's suspended, leaving us to wonder why the episodes or part made episode have been cancelled if he's only suspended at that stage.
It seems we will see the footage - according to the Sunday Times:

"A BBC source said that the corporation had plans to broadcast the footage, no matter what the conclusion of the investigation. "

"Staff are also making plans for a bonus episode of the show this spring, which was revealed last month in Driving. It is due to feature the first showdown on a track between the McLaren P1,the Porsche 918 Spyder and the Ferrari LaFerrari — three of the fastest road cars yet built, with a combined value of more than £2.5m."

Reactions: flecc

billadie

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 27, 2010
Tewkesbury
Jeremy Clarkson always reminds me of that line from Sunset Boulevard.
"It's the pictures that got small" . Any other time Clarkson would have been Eddie Waring's understudy on It's a Knockout. May and Hammond would be on Blue Peter. And David Attenborough would be the face on the BBC.

Reactions: jonathan75

Advertisers