Jeremy Clarkson Suspended

tillson

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 29, 2008
You must understand that what you see on the TV is not the real Jeremy Clarkson. It's the TV character which he has chosen to act out, a sort of pantomime villain. He's very skilled at it too because most people posting on this thread have bought into the fictitious character.

I think that Clarkson's fabricated character appeals to so many people because they are sick and tired of being forced to consume a diet of liberalism and political correctness in their everyday lives. His TV personality kicks back at this and his comments quell the suppressed rage that people feel every time a hand wringing apologist tells them how they should think, act and live their lives.

Clarkson's biggest crime was not putting an end to Piers Morgan when he had the opportunity.

D8ve

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 30, 2013
Bristol
He may have a fabricated character but like Alf garnet in to till death us do part, some people belive in him and his nonsense. Therefore can we dispose of the fabricated idiot.
In addition his confirmed activity includes adultery.

mountainsport

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 6, 2012
He may have a fabricated character but like Alf garnet in to till death us do part, some people belive in him and his nonsense. Therefore can we dispose of the fabricated idiot.
In addition his confirmed activity includes adultery.
I think that inch more of information is gradually now turning into a mile:rolleyes:

MS.

jonathan75

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 24, 2013
Hertfordshire
I think that Clarkson's fabricated character appeals to so many people because they are sick and tired of being forced to consume a diet of liberalism and political correctness in their everyday lives. His TV personality kicks back at this and his comments quell the suppressed rage that people feel every time a hand wringing apologist tells them how they should think, act and live their lives.
Hand-wringing apologist for what? And what do you mean by liberalism?

Reactions: JohnCade

selrahc1992

Esteemed Pedelecer
Dec 10, 2014
You must understand that what you see on the TV is not the real Jeremy Clarkson. It's the TV character which he has chosen to act out, a sort of pantomime villain. He's very skilled at it too because most people posting on this thread have bought into the fictitious character.

Clarkson's biggest crime was not putting an end to Piers Morgan when he had the opportunity.
racism is unacceptable, regardles of whether its fabricated for ratings, or intentional. its not political correctness that makes racism a taboo - its the reality of concentration camps, apartheid, serbia - this has very little to do with handwringing liberalism.

JohnCade

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 16, 2014
People like him play a version of themselves. But his views as expressed are not fabricated at all. They are his own. The exaggerated persona he has created for his ‘act’ allows him a platform for his very right wing opinions and his tilts at so called politically correct windmills, and at the same time gives him some cover when he goes too far. Because it’s only a TV show init?

If you read his columns he makes himself pretty plain. Nasty piece of work all round in my opinion.

Reactions: Croxden

tillson

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 29, 2008
Hand-wringing apologist for what? And what do you mean by liberalism?
Hand-wringing: Usually associated with some form of expression of guilt. An example, in the case of my original post, would be a person referring to a group of people as being, "underprivileged." This is usually done in the context that ordinary hard working people are in some way to blame for the, underprivilegeds' plight. The reality being that they are in fact lazy, slovenly individuals of a generally idle disposition and are entirely responsible for their own misery.

We can use the same group of people to provide an example of the form of liberalism which has been adopted by the hand-wringers. A hand-wringer would perhaps argue the "underprivileged" should be free to live their parasitic life styles because its their free will to do so. The hand-wringer will then attempt to close down any counter viewpoint by contesting, who are we to say that they can't have public money and resources shovelled into their pockets in return for zero effort and zero contribution.

I think that the hand-wringing apologists days are numbered anyway. Decent people, who have for many years been a silent majority outraged by what has been happening, are starting to grow tired of their nonsense and supporting an alternative stance.

JohnCade

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 16, 2014
Hand-wringing: Usually associated with some form of expression of guilt. An example, in the case of my original post, would be a person referring to a group of people as being, "underprivileged." This is usually done in the context that ordinary hard working people are in some way to blame for the, underprivilegeds' plight. The reality being that they are in fact lazy, slovenly individuals of a generally idle disposition and are entirely responsible for their own misery.

We can use the same group of people to provide an example of the form of liberalism which has been adopted by the hand-wringers. A hand-wringer would perhaps argue the "underprivileged" should be free to live their parasitic life styles because its their free will to do so. The hand-wringer will then attempt to close down any counter viewpoint by contesting, who are we to say that they can't have public money and resources shovelled into their pockets in return for zero effort and zero contribution.

I think that the hand-wringing apologists days are numbered anyway. Decent people, who have for many years been a silent majority outraged by what has been happening, are starting to grow tired of their nonsense and supporting an alternative stance.
Interesting insight into the right wing mindset there. Straw men well and truly burnt.

tillson

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 29, 2008
racism is unacceptable, regardles of whether its fabricated for ratings, or intentional. its not political correctness that makes racism a taboo - its the reality of concentration camps, apartheid, serbia - this has very little to do with handwringing liberalism.
I'm sorry, but where do concentration camps and apartheid come into all of this?

This is typical of what I was saying in the post above. Some people try to, guilt-trip others into accepting their viewpoint by extrapolating the circumstances to a ridiculous conclusion, usually one of racism. This used to work a few years ago, but now people are starting to see through the tactic.

Racism is totally unacceptable and it has no place in any society. Lets save our accusations of racism for those who thoroughly deserve it. Over use of the term in a thinly disguised attempt to close down a counter viewpoint will dilute its true meaning and an actual racist will not attract the stigma which they are due.

Reactions: mike killay
D

Deleted member 4366

I've been renting out property for the last 18 years. I have to agree with everything Tilson says. I see it it first hand. Many of my tenants have chosen lack of responsibility and leeching off the rest of us as a way of life. It's amazing , though, how much extra effort and intelligence they can put into getting something extra for nothing. Not all people on benefits are like that, but from my experience, a very high proportion are. I'm a very charitable person, but I think that the system (whover, whatever it is) has got it very wrong by letting these people carry on the way they have. Now, I can see a light at the end of the tunnel. There's clear signs that those that adopted that lifestyle are finding it more and more difficult to continue it. About time too!

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
I've been renting out property for the last 18 years. I have to agree with everything Tilson says. I see it it first hand. Many of my tenants have chosen lack of responsibility and leeching off the rest of us as a way of life. It's amazing , though, how much extra effort and intelligence they can put into getting something extra for nothing. Not all people on benefits are like that, but from my experience, a very high proportion are. I'm a very charitable person, but I think that the system (whover, whatever it is) has got it very wrong by letting these people carry on the way they have. Now, I can see a light at the end of the tunnel. There's clear signs that those that adopted that lifestyle are finding it more and more difficult to continue it. About time too!
Totally agree, and I have also experienced this property problem first hand.

selrahc1992

Esteemed Pedelecer
Dec 10, 2014

"ordinary hard working people"? what in the world does a first world citizen know about hard work? You do, form your post, seem to know something about entitlement and privilege - to label a middleclass life in England a "decent life". With that you mean a life supported by various sweatshops around the world (that provides you with clothes, iphones and other luxuries) that you "work" for for, what, 37.5 hours a week, behidn a desk? Go and work as an orderly at Ngwelezana hospital in Kwazulu, or for red crescent in syria and you have teh right to speak teh way you do (but then you wouldnt). otehrwise this is really just overentitled middleclass steaming horse manure

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
what in the world does a first world citizen know about hard work?
That's far too sweeping a statement. Many of us much older people know only to well what hard work over long hours was, with the earned result of only receiving just enough to sustain life with no luxuries of any kind.

Certainly things have substantially changed now, but the memories haven't.

selrahc1992

Esteemed Pedelecer
Dec 10, 2014
That's far too sweeping a statement. Many of us much older people know only to well what hard work over long hours was, with the earned result of only receiving just enough to sustain life with no luxuries of any kind.

Certainly things have substantially changed now, but the memories haven't.
my previous job was in Ngwelezana hospital in Kwazulu - the life expectancy there - for the general population is 37.5 years - mainly as a result of HIV and crime. It's an interesting demographic: if youre born there youre very likely to die before 26 months of age because your mother gave you HIV (and from dehydration associated with chronic diarhoeia, ie. immersed in yoru own crap). If you survive this, the next hurdle is your early teens and gun crime. Really, inasmuch as happiness has a lot to do with appreciating life (rather tha accumulating more stuff and feeling superior to others), I - highly - recomend that those that feel "decent" (or better than fellow humans) spend a year or so working for red crescent abroad. you'll come back feeling so much better about your life.

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
And not only true there of course.

But completely irrelevant what I objected to, this comment you made:

"what in the world does a first world citizen know about hard work?"

Life expectancy, disease and crime are social issues, not related to hard work.

selrahc1992

Esteemed Pedelecer
Dec 10, 2014
And not only true there of course.

But completely irrelevant what I objected to, this comment you made:

Life expectancy, disease and crime are social issues, not related to hard work.
i respectfully disagree: life expectancy and crime are completely related to "hard work" - in kwazulu there is around 50 to 60% unemployment (where work is classified as full time secure employment) - if any of us remained unemployed in a sociuety withouit any social security 9such as Kwazulu), crime would increase, dramatically. It becomes the only option for many. And HIV there is mainly through hetewrsosexual transmission, and it follows truck routes - because truckers often use prostitutes, who otehrwise live and have relationshisp in teh local areas. It's very handy indeed for the rich to blame teh poor for being poor for "not wanting to do hard work"

Reactions: timidtom

mike killay

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 17, 2011
i respectfully disagree: life expectancy and crime are completely related to "hard work" - in kwazulu there is around 50 to 60% unemployment (where work is classified as full time secure employment) - if any of us remained unemployed in a sociuety withouit any social security 9such as Kwazulu), crime would increase, dramatically. It becomes the only option for many. And HIV there is mainly through hetewrsosexual transmission, and it follows truck routes - because truckers often use prostitutes, who otehrwise live and have relationshisp in teh local areas. It's very handy indeed for the rich to blame teh poor for being poor for "not wanting to do hard work"
You are now several thousand miles away from the discussion.
What an earth does Kwazulu have to do with the proposition that large numbers of UK scroungers are abusing the UK benefit system?
I am related to a number of them and see it at first hand. My sister in law is now a great grandmother. In all her life she worked at paid work for 4 hours. I kid you not.
Do not try to move the goal posts.

selrahc1992

Esteemed Pedelecer
Dec 10, 2014
You are now several thousand miles away from the discussion.
What an earth does Kwazulu have to do with the proposition that large numbers of UK scroungers are abusing the UK benefit system?
I am related to a number of them and see it at first hand. My sister in law is now a great grandmother. In all her life she worked at paid work for 4 hours. I kid you not.
Do not try to move the goal posts.
Actually, the proposition in the OP's post was Clarkson's possible sacking. I'm lucky, i guess, i'm an immigrant, make that a full time employed working immigrant who immigrated to do a job no one seemed able to do here. The lucky bit is that i dont feel trapped in the nasty little bunfight for benefits/tax handouts, taht the current ugly, populist government is using to manipulate teh public so skillfully.

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
i respectfully disagree: life expectancy and crime are completely related to "hard work"
You are missing the point I made, your statement:

insults those like myself who certainly have known about extremely hard work with negligible return, and also those here who still suffer that.

Are you unaware that while you were overseas doing that work, there are people in Britain doing two or three jobs over a huge number of hours even seven days a week just for their families to survive? They in this first world country know all about hard work that results only in survival.

Reactions: mike killay

Advertisers