Jeremy Clarkson Suspended

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
Announced earlier that Jeremy Clarkson has been suspended by the BBC after a fracas with Top Gear's producer, and the Sunday edition will not be broadcast.

I've just listened to pundits saying that he is irreplaceable, what utter nonsense! As all we cyclists know, our roads are packed with thoroughly objectionable, mouthy, abusive, car mad drivers.

The BBC could sack Clarkson and follow their prior example with Angus Deayton. When they sacked him from "Have I got News for You", they replaced him by rotating a number of suitable broadcast people and the show continued successfully.

Top Gear might be even more entertaining with a stream of volunteers from the pool of drivers currently on our roads, goodness knows there is no shortage of matching substitutes.

4bound

Pedelecer
May 1, 2014
Neston
www.facebook.com
I don't normally watch it but I did this week. They had a presenter on from the US version of Top Gear. He was well informed, explained himself well, a real expert on his subject who had something worthwhile to say. Even James May was forced to congratulate him on not being such an idiot as Clarkson and Hammond and say how helpful he had been. Maybe the BBC will get rid of Clarkson. Oh no I just woke up, its all been a dream!

D

Deleted member 4366

Even if you find him objectionable, it seems an awful lot of people like him. The BBC make a substantial proportion of their income through selling his shows all over the world. He's one of Britain's most lucrative exports. Long may he continue!

At least JC has made a product that's appealing to a lot of people who don't mind paying for it. What dis Jonathan Ross do for his £16 million?

Of course, if he gets sacked, he'll go to ITV and they'll get all the money. It'll be interesting to see how this pans out.

JohnCade

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 16, 2014
The BBC could sack Clarkson and follow their prior example with Angus Deayton. When they sacked him from "Have I got News for You", they replaced him by rotating a number of suitable broadcast people and the show continued successfully.

Top Gear might be even more entertaining with a stream of volunteers from the pool of drivers currently on our roads, goodness knows there is no shortage of matching substitutes.
Except when he does Have I Got News For You. That show is getting old and tired now but is usually still watchable apart from when he shows up. If I see The Great Penis Extension is in the chair I turn it over straight away. I cannot stand the fat fascist **.

Reactions: Deleted member 4366

Croxden

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 26, 2013
North Staffs
A least the idea you Rap.

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
Even if you find him objectionable, it seems an awful lot of people like him.
Or like to hate him! It seems from interviews that many who are very critical of him still watch.

Fortunately though, the BBC's income doesn't depend on the likes of him and Jonathan Ross.

D8ve

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 30, 2013
Bristol
Obnoxious, offensive,Anti cyclist or science, unfaithful.
Only interested in himself. Thinks everyone else is his inferior.
Good riddance

mike killay

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 17, 2011
Personally I have doubts.
1 His TV persona is not necessarily how he is in private moments.
2 I suspect that this a career boosting stunt. What is the betting that he will soon be re-instated.
3. I have not noticed any evidence of classic Fascism about him. He appears to be right wing.

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
I don't think it's a stunt this time, cancelling a published top show in the making is a very serious step for the BBC to take. Since he was on a final warning from last year, it could be only an apology from him will allow his return.

If he does come back he will have to be somewhat restrained.

jonathan75

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 24, 2013
Hertfordshire
I know he's popular and makes lots of money for the BBC but that doesn't make him any less of an evil speeding-on-public-roads-celebrating **. There are moral facts, there is right and wrong, not just opinions. And that man has encouraged thousands of men with child-minds to go out and literally kill people.

D8ve

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 30, 2013
Bristol
Personally I have doubts.
1 His TV persona is not necessarily how he is in private moments.
2 I suspect that this a career boosting stunt. What is the betting that he will soon be re-instated.
3. I have not noticed any evidence of classic Fascism about him. He appears to be right wing.
Hmmmmm.
Public image a right wing self obsessed dictator.
Shoot criminals and strikers.
Classic Fascist?
Toothbrush mustash. Combover.
Who are we on about again?

Croxden

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 26, 2013
North Staffs
I disliked the person when he was on 'Jennings & Derbyshire' playing Atkinson on the children's wireless serial. There has been no improvement.

C

Cyclezee

I don't know if anyone saw the piece they did on Peugeot a couple of weeks ago, what a load of tosh, it almost decided to stop watching Top Gear completely, but got sucked back in again.:rolleyes:

I say dump Clarkson and get Suzi Perry, she has all the assets for the job;)
Oooh, is that an eZee bike she's riding:cool:
209580_orig.jpg

Suzi-Perry-20110428-Events-The-Gadget-Show-Live-Leather-Catsuit-Apr10_05298-632x1024.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

D8ve

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 30, 2013
Bristol
That is actually in my opinion the only way Top Gear could continue, get a woman presenter.
Any votes for who it should be?
I'm with you John:)

Dave
Suzi for me.
Can we start an Internet campain?

Reactions: flecc

anotherkiwi

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 26, 2015
The European Union
Good ridance his routine was getting so old and boring. Ah Suzi! I remember her covering (!) a certain Moto GP in some tropical country - she got in hot water because it became highly evedent she was not wearing a bra...

Sorry ladies, boys will be boys even when they are getting on a bit. :confused:

Tony

Advertisers