Just fitted a TSDZ2 on my cargo bike, now gearing is wrong

haddock

Finding my (electric) wheels
Jul 3, 2020
Hi guys.
Update - I still need your help.
Today I have fitted the rear wheel with SRAM S7 internally geared hub. And I got it to work.
However I have now experienced two times when I was out riding and taking a short break, and starting again the motor did not assist when pedaling. The speedometer works like it should, but no assist. I tried both times to power off the battery and put it back on again, and the the assist is working like it should.
Anyone who can tell me what is wrong?

picture update today also.

Attachments

Gavin

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 11, 2020
Hi guys.
Update - I still need your help.
Today I have fitted the rear wheel with SRAM S7 internally geared hub. And I got it to work.
However I have now experienced two times when I was out riding and taking a short break, and starting again the motor did not assist when pedaling. The speedometer works like it should, but no assist. I tried both times to power off the battery and put it back on again, and the the assist is working like it should.
Anyone who can tell me what is wrong?

picture update today also.
When you re-start the system it goes through a "boot-up" check that includes recalibrating the torque sensor. If you've got your feet on the pedals when you turn it on you'll give the system a false sensor reading which can cause the symptoms you've described

simon_000666

Just Joined
Aug 10, 2021
Hey @haddock I'm considering doing a similar conversion - I have a Nihola Family with Shimano Nexus 8 hub gears and was considering a Tongsheng electric mid-drive unit. I saw your other thread where you looked at electrifying a Nihola a different way - in the end - what were your main learnings? Would you recommend doing the Tongsheng Kit again - or something else?