Just had to have it !

One_Box

Pedelecer
Jul 29, 2014
Leominster
Visited 50Cycles in Bristol yesterday to try a few bikes and came away with a Kalkoff Tasman Impulse 8 HS with a 17Ah battery. No need to worry about range issues now :)

The bike looks and feels superb and the Impulse 2 crank drive system was a revelation.

Very professional dealership with lots of Kalkoffs on display and people who know their products.

All I have to do now is put my Ezee Sprint Primo up for sale :cool:

tillson

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 29, 2008
A good choice. A friend recently purchased a new Kalkhoff. The Impulse system is excellent and feels very natural.

D

Deleted member 4366

It would be nice to have an objective comparison after you've done some miles on the Kalkhoff.

Reactions: 4bound

Kuorider

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 18, 2014
Why this sudden outbreak of Kalkoff love ? A cynic might suspect damage limitation.

Tim

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 1, 2006
London
Why this sudden outbreak of Kalkoff love ? A cynic might suspect damage limitation.
Because they're great bikes, obviously. The best you can buy in fact, on any measure. How on earth would we orchestrate completely independent support? You think we're paying people to buy our bikes and then post on here?

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
ill have 1 for free and post a review ;)

EddiePJ

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jul 7, 2013
Crowborough, East Sussex
www.facebook.com
You think we're paying people to buy our bikes and then post on here?
Tim, I'm still waiting for both the money and the bike to arrive.

With no bike to ride at all at the moment, and a bike related trip to the Swiss Alps coming up in three weeks time, please could you hurry things up. You can also pay me in either by Euro or CHF, I'm not really fussed either way.

Last edited:
Reactions: VictoryV

lordvincent

Pedelecer
Jan 23, 2015
Because they're great bikes, obviously. The best you can buy in fact, on any measure. How on earth would we orchestrate completely independent support? You think we're paying people to buy our bikes and then post on here?
The practice is not unknown, but usually the item is not actually bought but rather the review or comment is entirely fictional. Forum 'sock-puppeting' is also quite commonplace.

I am not suggesting that this is the case here. I too have a Kalkhoff and am generally very happy with it, and a review of such would be generally positive toward the bike and 50 cycles.

However fake reviews and testimonials have become a big problem, ever since the power of such was recognised by sellers. Some sellers consider it to be an 'all's fair in business' type scenario since they may feel that they are being targeted by competitors with negative propaganda, and also a feeling that everyone else is faking reviews and testimonials so it would disadvantage them not to do so.