Just joined for some help!

koolerking

Just Joined
Jun 7, 2023
Hi all,

Just joined, looking to find some info on the Muddy Fox Electric Ave.

Im used to the old Lime bikes in London, which im guessing are UK spec speeds, assistance, and after a ride on my new MF bought from Evens, im underwhelmed. low, mid assistance seems to do nothing, and in high it seems to only help at staring out from say traffic lights, and then stops helping to what I feel is way less than the UK limit. It is only single speed, but it seems its not doing much at all, and if I can I'd like to get rid of the limit at least.

Does anyone know if this can be done, removing the speed limit wire?

Any help would be much appreciated

Thanks

saneagle

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 10, 2010
Telford
AFAICS from pictures, it has standard Chinese electrics, so all you need to do is swap the controller and control panel to have complete control of everything. That costs from £40 to £100, depending on how good you want it to be.

All motors have their own top speed at any given voltage - 36v in your case. You need to find out what that is. The easiest way is to get a cheap cycle computer from Ebay (£5) and fix it to the back wheel. Put the panel on level 3 max, lift the back wheel off the ground and turn the pedals. The motor should kick up to max speed before the control system figures out it's going too fast and cuts the power. That should be the motor's max speed. make sure that the brake isn't rubbing. Take off 20% for the max speed on the road.

Reactions: koolerking

koolerking

Just Joined
Jun 7, 2023
AFAICS from pictures, it has standard Chinese electrics, so all you need to do is swap the controller and control panel to have complete control of everything. That costs from £40 to £100, depending on how good you want it to be.

All motors have their own top speed at any given voltage - 36v in your case. You need to find out what that is. The easiest way is to get a cheap cycle computer from Ebay (£5) and fix it to the back wheel. Put the panel on level 3 max, lift the back wheel off the ground and turn the pedals. The motor should kick up to max speed before the control system figures out it's going too fast and cuts the power. That should be the motor's max speed. make sure that the brake isn't rubbing. Take off 20% for the max speed on the road.
Thanks for the quick and full response!

So just to double check, this would be a swap out of the control panel on the handlebars, plus another items (the controller?)

Thanks
T

saneagle

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 10, 2010
Telford
Thanks for the quick and full response!

So just to double check, this would be a swap out of the control panel on the handlebars, plus another items (the controller?)

Thanks
T
You'll have to locate the controller and have a look at it. It'll be in the tube with the battery, either above or below it, and hope it's not integrated with the battery, otherwise it'll be slightly mnore complicated.