Review Just joined. I am 79. Not ridden (normal bike) for last 8 years. Need more gentle exercise.

AndyBike

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 8, 2020
when aggressively hunched forward all sabre tooth tiger like
Thats the best position for a frontal bike exit strategy.

guerney

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 7, 2021
Thats the best position for a frontal bike exit strategy.
And that's why I wear a sabre toothguard helmet! Landed twice on my head so far, roaring, sabre teeth saved as well as my noggin. Old 80s racing bike habits die hard, besides the telescopic handlebar on my Dahon doesn't feel rock solid steady when very extended high up, and I can't be bothered to adjust it to a slightly higher height than absolute lowest, every time I unfold the bike (having extended it out as far as possible, to enable folding). Also, I feel that my lower back doesn't get jolted when riding over potholes as much. Another advantage with that posture is, because my saddle is titled sharply downwards, I effectively have a two tier saddle - one for coasting along ghost pedalling, with the bike doing nearly all the work, and higher up for maximum leg extension, when I'm forced by life's vicissitudes to make some measure of significant pedalling effort. Makes getting on and off the saddle easier too, no dropper post required.

AndyBike

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 8, 2020
I know that position well. Heres a pic of one of my old builds. Super high saddle position.
Orange Enduro saddle. I could never afford a flite.
RIMG0227 (Custom).JPG

Reactions: Woosh and guerney

guerney

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 7, 2021
I know that position well. Heres a pic of one of my old builds. Super high saddle position.
Orange Enduro saddle. I could never afford a flite.
View attachment 57023
Boy that's low, proper aero. I'm guessing this is the titanium framed purple hope phase bike you talked about last year? Or the year before? Can't recall. I can't get that low on my folding bike! @StuartsProjects has a really nice Ti MTB rear hub motor conversion, he's posted pics on the forum somewhere.

peterjd

Pedelecer
Sep 18, 2019
I can’t jog. Heart condition. This bike has the pedal in front of the steep seat stem to enable the rider to put feet flat on the ground when stationary but not be too close to the handlebar. Supposed to adjust to riders from 5’ to 6’. I am 5’6”. Got it for 2/3 of RRP. Zero miles on clock. Very robust non-folding construction but comfortable ride. Bit heavy. Smooth gear change and super 500w battery. What is there not to like?
It's the weight which I wouldn't like - about 25.6Kg I think. Regarding torque or cadence I have my old adapted bike with cadence and the more recent Decathlon with torque - I get on with both types.

AndyBike

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 8, 2020
I'm guessing this is the titanium framed purple hope phase bike you talked about last year? Or the year before? Can't recall. I can't get that low on my folding bike! @StuartsProjects has a really nice Ti MTB rear hub motor conversion, he's posted pics on the forum somewhere.
Yeah, thats the one. Originally it was red parts, but after a while got bored with red and went purple..

Im surprised anyone would convert a Ti,I found them to be a bit on the flexible side. But maybe he'll show it off again, i like to see nice bike builds.

Same in its red period.(Wheels are red ano Hope Ti-Glide/Suspension disc on red ano Mavic x517. Still got the wheels, but at 26" not a lot of use for them.
Drumlanrig 14 August 2011 002 (Large).jpg