Just ordered a Fore Rider (Bluetooth phone display adapter)

Wheel-E

Pedelecer
Jul 14, 2017
Brighton
I've been curious about bluetooth display subsititutes for a while now and after looking at the KT-BLE01 and Eggrider etc I decided to bite the bullet and order a Fore Rider. The main advantage of the Fore Rider for me is that it can be connected at the same time as the LCD display, giving me the option of the best of both worlds.

I'll also be trying a KT-BLE01 at some point too - especially as it's so cheap. I'm not sure if Eggrider will be compatible with my KT controller and direct drive motor.

I'll update this thread when it arrives.

Forerider Website.
Forerider android app.

mike killay

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 17, 2011
Correct me if I am wrong, but all these bolt on electronics require you to stick your smart phone on the handlebar?

topographer

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 13, 2017
Mid Yorkshire
I guess I'll find out! :) I read "Supports main e-bike protocols" and decided to go for it. I've only just worked out that it's made by Lishui.
I bought one myself (my bike has a Lishui controller). Once I paired it with the app it wouldn't allow me to go above the default 15amps (I wanted to run at 17amps) which defeats the purpose. I like to change max speed and amps quite often and it's a pain going in and out of LCD settings. Phone app would have been a bit quicker. I removed it straight away. Waste of money for me.

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
With a torque setting controller with 5 pas levels each pas level has a different torque/amp setting so you don't need to faff about.

mike killay

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 17, 2011
I know but I'm currently riding on throttle alone due to heel pain when pedalling.
This is interesting and of great interest to me because I have arthritis. The stupid EU rule against throttles is of great concern.
I look forward to Brexit and hope that we can overturn this unwanted rule.

mike killay

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 17, 2011
Well, you could use a cheap Android phone or an iPod Touch if you don't want to endanger your pride and joy.
I have my doubts about all these devices that couple to a smart phone. The latest is a Lowrance fish finder sonar device.
Smartphones are not noted for being waterproof. Nor is it always convenient to use them for purposes other than their basic function because of their pathetic batteries.
I suspect that actually manufacturers hope to get away with the cheapo option by not offering a proper control pad.

• Agree
Reactions: danielrlee

Wheel-E

Pedelecer
Jul 14, 2017
Brighton
It arrived today. Initial impressions are not good and can't get it to work well with my bike no matter which communication protocol I use. Oh well. :(

Gubbins

Esteemed Pedelecer

DENAND Xavier

Just Joined
Aug 6, 2018
Hello,

I have also a Lishui controller, the LSW1448-2F model exactly, used with a rear hub motor BAFANG. The LCD display is a CURTIS KD21C, with the JULET connection cable (it is strange with a BAFANG motor)

I try two things to remove the 25 km/h speed limit :
1) On the display, I set the speed limit to 40 km/h : but nothing changes, the motor still cut off after 25 km/h speed.
2) I open the controller and disconnect the speed cable. The speed is not more displayed, but nothing changes : I take my smartphone to measure the speed and the motor still cut off after 25 km/h speed.

So I suppose the speed limit is programming into the chip of the controller.

But I am not sure that the program and the BT controller avaible here (http://app.lsdzs.com/home/online-store/) can help to reprogram the controller, because I suppose it use the same cable as the LCD display and does not unlock the speed limit.

Someone has already order this controller and success to unlock the speed limit into the controller ?

Thanks in advance for your advices and reply.