Just Subscribed

Peter Goddard

Finding my (electric) wheels
Nov 26, 2015
Hi All,

Hi All,

I've just subscribed although I've lurked here occasionally over the years. I've recently bought a Haibike (27.5 SDouro Hardtail) and I absolutely love it. I've been on a Brompton for the past ten years, before that mountain bikes (Cannondale Jekyll, Marins and road bike, Holdsworth).

I won't be doing any high speed downhill rides at my age but around London and the Thames path, in the
SE countryside when the weather improves (will it?) and hopefully do some rides in Spain next year, where there are some fabulous tracks and little used roads (and quite big hills).

Hope to be able to contribute once I get the hang of things more.

Cheers

Pete

Reactions: EddiePJ and flecc

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
Welcome to the forum Pete, that's a great machine you're starting e-biking with.

Peter Goddard

Finding my (electric) wheels
Nov 26, 2015
Hi Guys,

Thanks for the welcome and tips, the books look very interesting.

Eddie, I'm working my way through the thread you suggested. The Thames Path is surprisingly extensive and is about 180 miles in total.

http://www.the-river-thames.org.uk/thames-path-walk-cycle.nsf/cycling-on-the-thames

I live in Fulham and can get to the river easily. I'm currently working out a number of circular routes from Putney going west. With the ebike my range has increased so other possibilities now exist, including going east through the city toward Greenwich and further.

Reactions: EddiePJ

EddiePJ

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jul 7, 2013
Crowborough, East Sussex
www.facebook.com
Many thanks for those links. I have some research and reading to do now. :)

It's a bit of trip for me to get there, but I'm definitely going to try some of those rides.

I was in the pub last night, and was a having a chat to someone in there and the Thames rides came up. I mentioned that I quite fancy riding to Whistable to get a decent seafood meal, and the lad that I was talking to wanted to ride the Thames.

We decided that it might be fun to do both. :)

We are probably going to leave it until next spring/summer though.