Kalkhoff 11 speed rear hub

appyarry

Pedelecer
Mar 16, 2015
Lyminge, Kent
My wife decided that I needed to buy a bike and not spend anymore time looking for Kits and conversions. So she shelled out and I bought a Used Kalkhoff from 50 cycles, many thanks to Anthony Douglas from the Bristol branch. Although not brand new it is in very good condition, every thing works as it should and the drive is great. I haven't done Hundreds of miles yet but the first 50 or so have been very pleasant. The gear shift is great when going uphill, the settings are variable which is good once one knows what one is doing. I set the minimum speed to 3.7 miles an hour as I don't want it cutting in when manoeuvring. I went down the village a couple of miles away all downhill. I wasn't that impressed with the performance though cycling the bike was OK, not as good as my Trek. I spent a couple of hours helping someone then I went to cycle back. It wasn't as easy as I thought it should have been though I managed to cycle all the way home up a big hill so the gears worked OK. When I got home I found my glasses and went through the controller and found that the 3.7 was the Maximum speed with the motor :-( All adjusted now and it comes up the hill with alacrity.

We are having a couple of weeks away from Tuesday and we are taking the bikes so I'll update when I've put some more miles on it.

If you're undecided, get to 50 cycles and try one, they are brilliant, but read the instructions :)

Reactions: Tim

Tim

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 1, 2006
London
I was initially confused there. Minimum speed? Some sort of undocumented feature we'd missed? Glad you like it now it's up to speed! ;)