Kalkhoff Agattu Pedelec 2009

Cabster

Finding my (electric) wheels
May 30, 2021
Hello, I'm urgently trying to source a right crank for my bike, but I'm unsure whether it's an octolink one or what I should be looking for .The actual make is "Concept" but I have been unable to find reference to it anywhere. The nearest crank I have found is A Miranda Beta-O-Electric bike crank with octalink fitting. It is the exact same shape as the fitted one, however I'm awaiting a crank puller tool in order to see what I have .Has anyone got any ideas or advice?

Cabster

May 30, 2021
Thanks for your reply I removed the bolt but but couldn't see clearly, however I did spy someone selling a replacement Panasonic motor of similar vintage to the one on my bike via eBay and that had a square shaft. I suspect that mine might be similar. My ordered puller should arrive tomorrow so I'll know then.

vfr400

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 12, 2011
Basildon
Did you look in the hole? You should see either a square or an 8 pointed star. The end of the shaft is clearly visible.

Cabster

May 30, 2021
Hello again, further to your last reply I include a photo of what I found once the retaining nut was removed & there was no clue of what's underneath, so I'll only know once I remove the crank later today, hope this helpsIMG_1066.JPG

wheeliepete

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 28, 2016
Devon
Hello again, further to your last reply I include a photo of what I found once the retaining nut was removed & there was no clue of what's underneath, so I'll only know once I remove the crank later today, hope this helpsView attachment 42736
That's a square taper crank. Make sure you screw the outer thread of the puller fully in, or you may strip the threads. It's often a good idea to remove the inner part to make sure it's fully home.