Kalkhoff battery replacement

GaRRy

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 18, 2012
Tamworth
one other factor is does the ebay shop actually hold the goods in stock at all.

I work for a large retailer/distributor and except for fast moving parts most are not stocked at all. We just act as a conduit from manufacturer to end user (and taking a cut for out trouble baring in mind we also provide support and advise which is of value to supplier and customer). The trouble with any stock is if it reaches its use by date or is superceeded it is then worthless (or at least devalued) and this factor has to be built into any retail prices to cover this when it happens.

Im guessing the german retailer is in the posistion where he takes the order and then gets the goods almost immediately from manufacturer/main distributor who is large enough to hold good stock. so he can afford to sell low as he is not exposed to this risk. meanwhile the uk retailer has to keep in stock with possiblity may never sell so loads price accordingly or deal with the uk distributor who as he is not selling as many as the German one cant afford to carry as much stock or if he does has to load his prices for factors listed above.

all to do with supply and demand.

davemcd

Finding my (electric) wheels
Aug 28, 2011
Hi can we buy from the german ebay. Have you heard of anybody doing it. Cheers

Blew it

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 8, 2008
Swindon, Wiltshire
Yes you can, but make sure the seller is prepared to ship outside mainland Europe...some don't. I'm not sure why people see the English Channel as some sort of barrier... or for that matter, any of the Oceans of the world.

I regularly buy on various International Ebay sites, never had a problem...yet! :rolleyes: