kalkhoff bikes

gerryscott

Pedelecer
Sep 11, 2010
Just wondering has anybody have experience of the 24v and 36v kalkhoff bikes, and did they find a significant difference in hillclimbing between the two or just marginal, thinking of eventually going for a 36v, but not if there is just marginal improvement.

D

Deleted member 4366

There's a big difference in torque and climbing power. I can't put a figure on it, but the impulse motor has similar power to the Bosch and 36v Panasonic, all of which are a fair step above the old 26v Pananasonic.

cwah

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 3, 2011
www.whatonlondon.co.uk
So dave, what's the most efficient between a crank drive and a dual cute?

Are you going to build one to test? :cool:

D

Deleted member 4366

I couldn't decide so I built a bike with two hub-motors and a crank drive. It goes pretty well - in fact a bit better than a Kalkhoff. Anyway, to answer your question, I've come to the conclusion that the idea about crank-drives being more efficient is a falacy.

trex

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 15, 2011
crank drive is more efficient because it achieves better results on 3 primary goals: weight, battery, gradient: crank drive is lighter (8-Fun crank kit is lighter than 8-Fun CST), offers better fuel economy and can be cheaper to build. Crank drive is also more efficient on hills.

cwah

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 3, 2011
www.whatonlondon.co.uk
Ahah, 3 motor to a bike, isn't it too much??

Do you also have 3 controller??

come on, it's adding too much weight to the bike Dave. At this point you can add a single mid-monster motor at 93% efficiency. lol