Kalkhoff Endeavour 3.B or Wisper Warfarer M7

Roger Chatfield

Just Joined
Mar 12, 2024
Hi all, I'm new here.

So I'm 54 and me and my wife are seriously thinking of getting electric bike, we have hired them a few times whilst on holiday and we live in Falmouth which have the Beryl rental bike which we use quite often (Falmouth is quite hilly...lol)

We will use the bikes for local commuting and some trekking etc
The local ebike shop has a good selection but I must admit looking at the prices and specs the Kalkhoff seem appealing.
They currently have the Endeavour 3.B on sale and its looks like a good price (£1999).
I was wondering if anyone here have any experience of Kalkhoff or can maybe suggest something else, budget is 2k.

Thank you.

Rog.

saneagle

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 10, 2010
Telford
Hi all, I'm new here.

So I'm 54 and me and my wife are seriously thinking of getting electric bike, we have hired them a few times whilst on holiday and we live in Falmouth which have the Beryl rental bike which we use quite often (Falmouth is quite hilly...lol)

We will use the bikes for local commuting and some trekking etc
The local ebike shop has a good selection but I must admit looking at the prices and specs the Kalkhoff seem appealing.
They currently have the Endeavour 3.B on sale and its looks like a good price (£1999).
I was wondering if anyone here have any experience of Kalkhoff or can maybe suggest something else, budget is 2k.

Thank you.

Rog.
The Bosch system is pretty reliable these days, so nothing to worry about there. Kalkhoff have had their ups and downs over the terrible Impulse engines they fitted a few years back. A lot of customers lost money over that. Support was really poor in the UK.

The main problem for me with those bikes is that guys with 8 year old Bosch systems are now struggling to get replacement batteries, which would render the bike useless.

If you were to get a standard Chinese bike with a standard battery, it should be future proof.

If you think 8 years is a good run for your money, go for it. At 62, you should have a lot of cycling years left in you, but there might be much better ebikes by then, and the laws will change to give more options.

Last edited: