Kalkhoff is best for me. Delivery?

tillson

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 29, 2008
After much deliberating and trying of different bikes, I have decided that a 53 cm Kalkhoff Pro-Connect will suit my requirement the best. I ordered it and paid my deposit to a friendly bunch of chaps at 50 Cycles Loughborough just over a week ago. The bike wasn’t in stock, but they said they would be within 1 to 2 weeks.

Reading through this forum, I get the impression that some people have been waiting for a long time for theirs to be delivered. Are those that are waiting, expecting their bikes to be in stock imminently? Its just that when reading other people’s post, there is more than a hint of a notion that the delivery date is a bit, well shall we say, “elastic”.

Beanie101

Pedelecer
Jun 29, 2008
Verbier, Switzerland
I think "elastic" is putting it mildly. However, I also think that whatever has been delaying deliveries not just of Kalkhoffs but of other similar crank-assisted bikes across Europe (eg Sparta Ions and Flyers) may be easing up a bit. After all, summer is almost over (well it feels like it today) and perhaps supply is catching up as demand eases off.

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
Beg your pardon, Flecc - their shortage must be caused by something else then.
No problem Beanie. :)

I didn't know they had a shortage, it could be their booming homeland sales that's causing it. They also market the same direct drive unit as the Koga Miyata Tesla since Koga is also their brand.

tillson

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 29, 2008
Had a phone call from 50 Cycles yesterday to say that my bike had arrived in stock. Only 5 working days from when I ordered it.

Trouble is now, I am waiting for my Cycle Scheme voucher to come through. How frustrating!