Kalkhoff Pro Connect 2009 - 11 years on

mrgoldthorpe

Finding my (electric) wheels
Jan 4, 2008
Macclesfield, Cheshire
I bought it brand new from 50 Cycles on 11 June 2009. It cost £2190, but that included a spare 26V 10Ah Panasonic battery. (I always carried both, alternated them and fully discharged.)

It's been a leisure rather than a commuter bike, used mainly between April and October.

It's done a lot of hill work in the southern Peak District to the east of where I live. I estimate I've done about 13,000 miles on it. Apart from the odd cable and brake block, I've had a new chain and on the 3rd set of tyres. I early-retired the 2nd set last month when I bought a pair of puncture resistant Schwalbe Marathon Plus Tour.

The original batteries are of course rather tired, which was limiting my range somewhat. I was even contemplating a new bike for this year, but bought a new 20.8Ah battery from 'Vinteky' on Amazon.

What a difference! Last week I did a ride of about 35 miles in the southern Peak District and used about half the battery capacity. (I tend to use as little as I possible early in the ride and save the motor power for later when I'm tired.)

The bike has given me enormous pleasure and continues to do so. It was well built and it shows. Hopefully I can get several more years out of it.

SuView attachment ProConnect_Dovedale.jpgh -

Amoto65

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jul 2, 2017
Cheshire
You certainly have got your moneys worth out of it, I have been using a Wisper 905se and a Carrera Crossfuse around the Peak District for the last 3 years and clocked up about 4000 miles, It is a great place to cycle.

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
The Panasonic drive one of the best there were for reliability and still going strong.

Essgeebee

Finding my (electric) wheels
Apr 19, 2020
Good to read something positive about Kalkhoff ebikes for a change. I bought a Pro Connect X27 with a Xion system in 2014 from 50 Cycles and love the quality. It’s only done 600 miles due to my health problems but is in regular use again this year. So much negative has been said about the Impulse motor I have to admit to feeling pessimistic about the long term. Your post is therefore very welcome, esp as I have two 15Ah batteries and they seem to be in great condition.
Seems 50 Cycles no longer sell Kalkhoffs and won’t respond to queries about mine.

crikka

Just Joined
Dec 21, 2009
I bought it brand new from 50 Cycles on 11 June 2009. It cost £2190, but that included a spare 26V 10Ah Panasonic battery. (I always carried both, alternated them and fully discharged.)

It's been a leisure rather than a commuter bike, used mainly between April and October.

It's done a lot of hill work in the southern Peak District to the east of where I live. I estimate I've done about 13,000 miles on it. Apart from the odd cable and brake block, I've had a new chain and on the 3rd set of tyres. I early-retired the 2nd set last month when I bought a pair of puncture resistant Schwalbe Marathon Plus Tour.

The original batteries are of course rather tired, which was limiting my range somewhat. I was even contemplating a new bike for this year, but bought a new 20.8Ah battery from 'Vinteky' on Amazon.

What a difference! Last week I did a ride of about 35 miles in the southern Peak District and used about half the battery capacity. (I tend to use as little as I possible early in the ride and save the motor power for later when I'm tired.)

The bike has given me enormous pleasure and continues to do so. It was well built and it shows. Hopefully I can get several more years out of it.

SuView attachment 35279h -
Hello. How much did you pay for the replacement 20.8Ah battery? Do 'Vinteky' do revamped batteries or new? Cheers, Christine. Also a few months on is it still working well?

oriteroom

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jul 13, 2008

SuView attachment 35279h -
Is the original charger supplier for the 10Ahr Panasonic batteries still OK to charge these higher capacity Vinteky 20.8Ahr batteries or is a different charger required?