Kalkhoff Pro Connect Impulse 10 first service

hopbackguy

Pedelecer
Jun 11, 2015
Horndean, Hampshire
My bike had its first service this morning, as per the service recommendations, had one of my local mobile bike service/repair services do it, very good too. Thought I'd post the results here in case other new Kalkhoff owners are interested.

The first service is basically just check the tightness and adjustment of things, but I also asked him to look at the handlebar creak I've had since new. That was simply fixed, as others have found, by taking the A-head/stem joint apart and re-assembling with a little lubrication - creak gone (for now at least!).

The only other things he found were:
  • Disc brakes rubbing slightly, corrected
  • Derailleur stop adjustment slightly out, corrected
He also said he heard a slight creak sometimes from the crank/motor assembly when riding, but when he tried to show me with the bike static, it didn't happen. I'll listen out for it when I'm next out.

hopbackguy

Pedelecer
Jun 11, 2015
Horndean, Hampshire
50 cycles include a two year service freebie with their bikes. That what they told me..
No, nothing like that here. Two year manufacturers guarantee on the bike yes, but no servicing freebies offered. If you got one maybe it was an offer for a period. Anyway, as I live near Portsmouth it's not convenient to take the bike to Shoreham.

SteveRuss

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 12, 2015
Bristol, Uk
No, nothing like that here. Two year manufacturers guarantee on the bike yes, but no servicing freebies offered. If you got one maybe it was an offer for a period. Anyway, as I live near Portsmouth it's not convenient to take the bike to Shoreham.
Convenience aside. That was the offer 50 Cycles said to me as a Kalkhoff owner. Tim comes on here so maybe he can clarify.

Tomtomato

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 28, 2015
They surely don't offer 2 years of free service by default. When I brought my bike back to the shop after 100 miles for a first check, I was told they wouldn't charge for it but I was lucky. They didn't really do much work anyway. After that, all subsequent services would be charged.

jwm

Pedelecer
Feb 11, 2014
Hampshire
I can't say I remember being told about the two years service either...Horndean to Shoreham is quite do-able, hop on the train from Havant.

John

hopbackguy

Pedelecer
Jun 11, 2015
Horndean, Hampshire
I can't say I remember being told about the two years service either...Horndean to Shoreham is quite do-able, hop on the train from Havant.

John
Yes, I know John @jwm , it's straightforward but not very convenient in time terms for me, much more convenient to have the local mobile chap come, given its not free anyway :)

It's the way I'd get the bike back to 50cycles though if I ever need warranty work...