Kalkhoff pro connect s 2010 replacement 26v battery advice

jellylegs

Just Joined
Feb 10, 2015
wirral merseyside
Hi I am brand new to the forum, I have been drooling over electric bikes for 10 years and 18 months ago i splashed out and bought a 2010 pro connect s off eBay (£799). It was a bit of an impulse buy and i had to travel for 4hours each way to get it but i am over the moon with it. I am looking for a new battery 17 or even a 21ah) that will fit. Ebay has lots for around £250-£350 but I don't know if they are any good or will fit?
My old (original) 10ah battery is still ok for about an hour on medium/full assist which i am very pleased about.
I ride about twice a week 40km but would like to go further afield maybe 150km and maybe only use the battery on the way back (I also go mountain biking so I am fairly fit).
Any help would be great.

D

Deleted member 4366

The Chinese new ones on Ebay should be OK for a couple of yearscat least. Have a look on German Ebay, where there's a few to choose from. I wouldn't buy a used battery from anyone.

jellylegs

Just Joined
Feb 10, 2015
wirral merseyside
Thank you both for your help, I ordered one this morning (couldn't wait), 18ah battery from a uk supplier Allbatteries £300. More expensive than the ebay ones but hay ho.
Can't wait to see what range I can get with both batteries.

MortimerG1970

Just Joined
Oct 20, 2015
Hello,

I just splashed out on a new BMZ 24Ah battery for my trusty 2010 Kalkhoff pro connect S.

I have had it for a week, so I am still running it in and calibrating it as per instructions (three times full charge to discharge)

On HIGH power I am getting about 55 km on it before it drops to the single flashing light and ECONOMY kicks in for another 15 km or so. Does that sound about right?

Also, when I am down to two out of five of the levels, for some reason, if the lights are on, the battery level drops to zero sporadically and I get no power at all until I turn the unit off and restart it (coasting along to avoid an error code being thrown). This happens irrespective of the power setting (except when there is no assist at all). The controller is still on, the lights remain on, and the power indicator still show HIGH - it is just that the battery level indicator has suddenly lost all of its remaining levels from the two that were showing. Any ideas? If the lights are off, then I can continue without this occurring. Could it be something to do with a faulty battery management system - the lights drawing too many amps and causing the battery to think it is dead and needs to switch off? Or could the fault lie with the controller... However, my old 10 Ah battery is still OK (it shows 4 out of 5 when I hold the battery button down) and it never has this battery-level-down-to-zero problem. (I bought the new one because I can only get 20 km out of it on full power so can't manage a full two-way trip with my current cycling demands)

Thanks for any input.

BTW The bike has done a total of about 7000 km.

Mortimer

Last edited: