Kalkhoff Pro Connect S For £700!

eddieo

Banned
Jul 7, 2008
Yes, and everyone thought ebay was dodgy until Gumtree came along..... the home of stolen (or non existent in this case) bikes in London:rolleyes:

C

Cyclezee

Exactly Eddieo,

Aberdeen, London:confused:

I'm trying to contact the seller to see if I can buy my own bike:rolleyes: for a lot less than I paid for it:confused:

J:) hn

HarryB

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 22, 2007
London
According to the London Metro today, the police are doing a crackdown on the gangs running bike thefts. Apparently they are going to target the markets where a lot of the stolen bikes end up, including ebay. No mention of gumtree but everybody knows that it is full of stolen bikes - I found my colleages bike on the website a week after it was stolen from outside the building. Should be an easy task to clear up a lot of the thefts but I think it is all warm words. Unfortunately this info is only in the paper and I cannot find it online. Metro.co.uk: News, sport, showbiz, celebrities from Metro newspaper | Metro.co.uk

C

Cyclezee

I emailed the seller regarding the ad, this was the response "

Hello,
I am selling this bike for £700 including delivery. I think this is a low price for such a great bike but i need cash for a family emergency. If you want to buy it email me back with your full name and address to complete this transaction in a safe way through eBay so that you have the bike delivered to your address and inspected before paying me. eBay will contact you with ALL the info regarding delivery, purchase protection and refund policy so please provide your details before more questions. You will find 90% of answers in that notification from eBay!
Peter"

Obviously genuine:rolleyes: , so I sent my name and address, Michael Mouse, Disneyland;)

J:) hn

eddieo

Banned
Jul 7, 2008
Then they hit you with a bogus ebay page telling you to pay up! I had an interesting experience buying a Blackberry on ebay a while back. I lost the auction only be contacted shortly after being offered it as a "second chance offer" I have the phone....

the girl explained the winner turned out to be surprise surprise in Nigeria. and she was in undated with requests and threats from ebay and paypal to pay now or else! all these pages where false sites and nothing to do with ebay or paypal....

be careful out there;) you need to report this and it will be removed....