Kalkoff

Kudoscycles

Official Trade Member
Apr 15, 2011
www.kudoscycles.com
I am convinced we should buy local, even if choice is a bit imited, its not to bad though. I've also put the cadence / torque to the back of my mind, as for style she wants a step through, i want a crossbar, standard style bike. Not interested in mountain or sporty types, although in our price range i cant see anything like them, disc brakes if possible, but as long as brakes are good i don't suppose it matters. Oh and mudguards as standard, cant believe the amount of bikes which don't have them. Weather not good enough to go on test rides today, Local shop agents for Batribike, Raleigh, Freego, Wisper, Fast4ward, and Juicy, which have models in price range, although they dont have them all in stock.
Perhaps you would like our Kudos Rapide and Kudos Sonata,both similar spec except the Rapide is x-bar the Sonata step thru.
They have the BPM motor,considered by many as the best hill climbing motor with its high torque at low speed,useful on take off.
Hydraulic brakes,Shimano gears,proper commuter spec with good lights and mudguards.
I have a dealer at Weston super Mare who I would be pleased to ship a bike down to .
Check out more info on our website.
Good luck with your search.
KudosDave

D8ve

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 30, 2013
Bristol
Disk brakes are a no brainer nowadays. Great stopping power in the wet and hydraulics don't need adjustment for thousands of miles.

Wynne0648

Pedelecer
May 12, 2017
Leeds
Wyenne, I am two years younger than you and I am suggesting that you might rethink the crossbar issue. A step through is much easier on the legs and hip, ... No throwing the leg over as it were. ...and I believe safer.
The Captus from Raleigh would just be in your price bracket, especially if you achieve a discount.

Hydraulic brakes even in the rims are very nice compared to cables, .. most of the advantages of disk brakes, but at lesser cost.
My other half has been nagging me on the crossbar issue, it's been in the back of my mind, just I'm old school with ladies and gents bikes, it's definitely something i will consider.