Kaylad Electric Tricycle

C

Cyclezee

Hi Marmotte,

The Kaylad is an interesting futuristic design, but will it actually go into production and as you say, is there a market for it, or is it a case of form over function.

Maybe it is just too futuristic for the person one would normally associate with riding an upright trike.

eZee produce the Carro which a more conventional electric trike that is both practical and functional.

carro_product_picture.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

jazper53

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 20, 2012
Brighton
Hi Marmotte,

The Kaylad is an interesting futuristic design, but will it actually go into production and as you say, is there a market for it, or is it a case of form over function.

Maybe it is just to futuristic for the person one would normally associate with riding an upright trike.

eZee produce the Carro which a more conventional electric trike that is both practical and functional.

View attachment 3770
Futuristic Design, are you sure, it seems to have a familar look to it which one could regard as a clone of many two wheel stepthru. in my opinion.

GaRRy

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 18, 2012
Tamworth

eddieo

Banned
Jul 7, 2008
Try and keep up Jasper!:p

The kaylad looks cute but I don't really see the point..it dont look like a load carrying bike

neptune

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 30, 2012
Boston lincs
The advantages of a conventional trike are well known . You can carry two kids or loads of shopping safely. Also useful for people without a good sense of balance . So here we have a trike with all the disadvantages of a normal trike[ greater weight and width] with all the advantages removed . We have exotic spoke patterns that look good but make a weaker wheel . The designer does not understand steering geometry, so the king pins are vertical rather than being arranged so that if extended they would pass through the footprint of the tyre. So if you hit a pot hole with one front wheel , the handlebar will be wrenched from your hands. Not terribly successful.

jazper53

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 20, 2012
Brighton
Don't worry Jasper ... your ahead of me!:)
Ok I jumped to the wrong conclusion, but I have looked at the Kaylad designs, and my first impressions were stick insects interesting concepts I think

Davanti

Esteemed Pedelecer
Mar 10, 2012
Ok I jumped to the wrong conclusion, but I have looked at the Kaylad designs, and my first impressions were stick insects interesting concepts I think
... a bit like War of the Worlds ?

Biker44

Pedelecer
Jan 12, 2012
Maybe it is just too futuristic for the person one would normally associate with riding an upright trike.View attachment 3770
I've never tried one, but I suspect pedal-trikes are pretty hopeless. Slow/difficult to pedal and difficult to park.

But if you need that kind of thing, then an e-powered model would seem to have more of the advantages and less of the disadvantages. I know a woman who has the front half of an e-bike bolted to her wheel-chair, seems very happy.

Now just add a tiny but well-silenced petrol engine that drives a generator to re-charge the battery and you've got nearly unlimited range!

Scimitar

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jul 31, 2010
Ireland