King meter error 25

Andy_H

Pedelecer
Oct 15, 2015
Just wondered if anyone knew what Brake Abnormality error 25 is, had to go out in the rain tonight (not by choice), after a few hundred yards it showed error 25, I didn't have any instructions with me so had no idea what error 25 was, anyway - rebooting seemed to cure it, but had to also reboot two more times before getting home again, it was only then I found out it was brake abnormality.

I know I don't, but do E-bikes not like rain :confused: Oh bike is woosh big bear.

trex

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 15, 2011
Error 25 means brake sensor is activated. If you squeeze one of the brake levers and switch on the LCD, it will show error 25 as part of its startup self diagnostics. Release the brake levers and the error should go away. Try that with one lever at a time to determine which lever is the cause. It is usually caused by the lever not fully released. If one of the levers is sticky, unplug it so you can ride again and email andy @Woosh.

Reactions: Andy_H

Andy_H

Pedelecer
Oct 15, 2015
Many thanks trex, now I know what to look for, I gotta go out again this morning so I'll see if it re-occurs. (and its still raining - our lovely Lancashire weather).

Vishal

Just Joined
May 13, 2016
Leicester
Hi

I am getting a error 25 message I have tried the above and have not been successful.

Can you please help?

Kind Regards

Vishal

trex

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 15, 2011
try unplugging the brake lever sensors to find out which sensor is stuck.

trex

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 15, 2011
which bike have you got?
follow the sensor cable from the brake lever, looking for a plug that you can pull.

Reactions: Vishal

mike killay

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 17, 2011
Tip,
make sure that when released, the brake lever goes right out.
I had a problem when just one strand of the cable snapped at the soldered brake end of the cable, coiled itself around the cable and acted as a spring stopping the brake lever from going all the way out and thus actuating the electric connection to the controller.

Reactions: Vishal

Vishal

Just Joined
May 13, 2016
Leicester
Hi Trex

I followed you instructions and guess what its sorted.

But Unfortunately i have another problem.

I have a bike with throttle. my throttle is not giving me full power to the motor when i ride. however pedal assist is.

do you think i need to recalibrate my throttle?

Kind Regards

Vishal

trex

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 15, 2011
you need to tell us which bike you have.
Some bikes have their throttle limited to 4mph, some 12mph, some none.
It's programmed in the controller.