King-Meter Speed sensor issue

alemanyorks

Pedelecer
Jun 16, 2011
I've just fitted a new BMS battery S06S controller to my bike & found an issue when I reconnected the wheel mounted speed sensor. After taking it out for a run I found that everything was fine except the speed readout on my LCD display, it's an S LCD1 unit from BMS also. It was giving speeds based on my pedal rotation (I use PAS & no throttle) stop pedaling reading drops off, start picks up to upto 7mph ish.

Got the bike into the workshop to have a look at the connections on the controller 1. 5V 2. Signal 3. GND all as it should be according to their documentation, check the speed sensor wiring and that's different 1. Signal 2. 5V 3. GND so no wonder it does not work. I managed with a bit of fiddling to swap around the socket side connectors (controller) and all is now fine.

Anyone else had this problem, shouldn't they be compatible out of the box, have I received a wrongly wired one?seems odd, anyway hope this may help somebody.

D

Deleted member 4366

You need to set parameter P2 to zero in the settings. You can download the manuals from the "download" tab on the LCD listing page.