Kiox not reporting GPS data

Old Fart At Play

Pedelecer
Jun 11, 2020
Hello there...

I recently got a Kiox equipped bike. Paired the kiox with my phone, and the bosch ebike app reported rides very nicely. But I had to get a new motor, and when I got the bike back, Kiox wasnt talking to my phone. I had a big palaver getting it to work again, but basically after ininstalling/dedleting eberything and starting again, it worked.

Went out for a ride, and it reported distance etc, but wouldn't show the route because it said in the app 'no gps data'. I had taken my phone with me on the ride, and bluetooth was switched on. Any ideas, anyone?
Ta
Cheers, John

Andy-Mat

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 26, 2018
Hello there...

I recently got a Kiox equipped bike. Paired the kiox with my phone, and the bosch ebike app reported rides very nicely. But I had to get a new motor, and when I got the bike back, Kiox wasnt talking to my phone. I had a big palaver getting it to work again, but basically after ininstalling/dedleting eberything and starting again, it worked.

Went out for a ride, and it reported distance etc, but wouldn't show the route because it said in the app 'no gps data'. I had taken my phone with me on the ride, and bluetooth was switched on. Any ideas, anyone?
Ta
Cheers, John
Is there a reset function back to manufacturers standard?
If yes, try that.
Also, there will be a Free Firmware update available here at least, tomorrow.
Its in German, but I am sure an English version will be made available:-
Best wishes
Andy

Old Fart At Play

Pedelecer
Jun 11, 2020
UPDATE
For anyone who stumbles on this. It turns out synchronisation between kiox and phone was a very common problem. Today Bosch released a software update for Kiox (v4) which includes routing, and fixes to synchronisation. Installed that, and today at least, it is working like a charm.

Cheers, John

Andy-Mat

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 26, 2018
UPDATE
For anyone who stumbles on this. It turns out synchronisation between kiox and phone was a very common problem. Today Bosch released a software update for Kiox (v4) which includes routing, and fixes to synchronisation. Installed that, and today at least, it is working like a charm.

Cheers, John
I am glad for you that it is working again.
Andy

nashdm2

Pedelecer
Jun 26, 2014
I am getting exactly the same as this, mine has already had the software update. Any clues to assist me guys?

Old Fart At Play

Pedelecer
Jun 11, 2020
I am getting exactly the same as this, mine has already had the software update. Any clues to assist me guys?
I discovered that even after the update, I still got this problem some of the time. It turned out to be because the kiox wasn't connected to the bosch app on my phone. So now, whenever I set off, I take my phone out and check that it is actually connected. Then it works every time. Don't know why it doesn't automatically reconnect, but this fixes the problem.

nashdm2

Pedelecer
Jun 26, 2014
Thanks for the reply. I wrote to bosch and had a very quick reply that told me how to fix it, which was a setting I had wrong in the iPhone app. They also mentioned what you have said. So, I guess I need to prepare for each journey i make by being more vigilant on everything running before I set out.