Kit arrived from BMS

jonathan75

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 24, 2013
Hertfordshire
I had a similar problem with a related company sending the wrong motor entirely -a cheap motor whereas I'd paid a fortune for a top motor and they sent the right one after much haggling.

D

Deleted member 4366

A32 hole rim doesn't go on a 36 hole motor. You have to get a 36 hole one.

If you get someone else to build the wheel, make sure that they build it to the frame becauae the rim beeds a fairly substantial off-set (dish). I the meantime, you should install the motor and sort out all the spacers so that the disc brake and gears work.

Reactions: jonathan75

awol

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 4, 2013
I have just purchased a Rigida 26inch 34 hole rim. did you say i needed 220mm Spokes with this D8veh ?
You need a 36 hole rim though as d8veh just mentioned, can you cancel the order or change the order for a 36 hole one?

jonathan75

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 24, 2013
Hertfordshire
The pro wheelbuilder I dealt with preferred to source the spokes himself, I'd leave it with him or her. Only a few pounds. The geometric measuring is intensely fiddly so I'd avoid the risk of getting the wrong ones. People think thicker is stronger but some builders can do a much stronger build sometimes with spokes they can manipulate better. Plus that way they're free to choose the best pattern for the build instead of being confined to whatever your spoke length and thickness allows them.

Mattjenkins1990

Pedelecer
May 6, 2015
Many thanks for your advice. I took a punt and ordered some 14g 220mm spokes. I have found a wheel builder so will take them along. I think if it was a front wheel I'd probably have had a go myself. With the rear needing dishing I thought it's best in the hands of a professional