KT-LCD display needed for project

Dominic Coleman

Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
I'm working on a little project and need a KT-LCD3 or 5,7 to finish.

Does anyone in UK have an old KT-LCD display they no longer need?

Much appreciated!

PC2017

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 19, 2017
Scunthorpe
I will dig my LCD5 out - No obligation either way - there is something I need to check first. My trouble with the LCD5 is the control pad is built in to the display for a newbi this imo would not be as good as the LCD3 - Zero miles brand new.

PC2017

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 19, 2017
Scunthorpe
Oh its julet

Dominic Coleman

Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
I will dig my LCD5 out - No obligation either way - there is something I need to check first. My trouble with the LCD5 is the control pad is built in to the display for a newbi this imo would not be as good as the LCD3 - Zero miles brand new.
Thanks for that very much appreciated! If it's not a Julet connector is fine, I know someone who can wire it. How much do you want for it?

PC2017

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 19, 2017
Scunthorpe
Tbf you may be able to get cheap non-julet from China, aliexpress should add VAT at POS so it will come straight through, I've order a few bike parts(non-ebike) and they arrived within 2 weeks. Check prices if you have time. I was thinking £20 min, tracked courier(cheaper than RM) included. I did not know this but there seems to be a julet to JST 1to4 cable in the wild.

Dominic Coleman

Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
Tbf you may be able to get cheap non-julet from China, aliexpress should add VAT at POS so it will come straight through, I've order a few bike parts(non-ebike) and they arrived within 2 weeks. Check prices if you have time. I was thinking £20 min, tracked courier(cheaper than RM) included. I did not know this but there seems to be a julet to JST 1to4 cable in the wild.
Is yours Julet connector? If so I'll buy it off you! I can't wait for Aliexpress as it'll take weeks and I'm desperate to get my mobility aid working...see pic

Attachments

PC2017

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 19, 2017
Scunthorpe
Cool wheels. Yes it is Julet.

I need to check one thing on the LCD cable, it is KT but the 1to4 cable had an extra pin for the controller, I think it's LCD control for a light output on the controller. I highly doubt the LCD pin layout is affected but I would like to check first. I will also plug it into my system as that has a normal 1to4 cable and briefly fully test it, throttle etc so there might be a 1 mile on the ODO.

I will try my best to get round to by the end of day. I can only take payment via Paypal friends and as mentioned I would including tracked mail & use Evri(Hermes) as the parcel courier.

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
If the lcd Julet is green then it is std 5 pin one and the extra pin on the 1t4 makes no difference.

• Informative
Reactions: PC2017

Dominic Coleman

Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
Cool wheels. Yes it is Julet.

I need to check one thing on the LCD cable, it is KT but the 1to4 cable had an extra pin for the controller, I think it's LCD control for a light output on the controller. I highly doubt the LCD pin layout is affected but I would like to check first. I will also plug it into my system as that has a normal 1to4 cable and briefly fully test it, throttle etc so there might be a 1 mile on the ODO.

I will try my best to get round to by the end of day. I can only take payment via Paypal friends and as mentioned I would including tracked mail & use Evri(Hermes) as the parcel courier.
Could you do me a favour and just take a photo of the wire connector (julet or jst) just so I can see. If you give me your email (PayPal) then I'll send!
Cheers

PC2017

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 19, 2017
Scunthorpe
std 5 pin
Yer I assumed as much I just want it to check before selling it - Yep its a 5 pin julet and worked with my std 1to4 cable.

I am assuming @Dominic Coleman can chop it and jst it?? never had the need

Last edited:

PC2017

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 19, 2017
Scunthorpe
20220816_192431.jpg20220816_192348.jpg
do me a favour and just take a photo
Start a PM if you want to go ahead & I'll pack it up - If you require a POL video I made one & can upload it to youtube but it'll be friday I have a lot on this week.

StuartsProjects

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 9, 2021
If the display uses a Julet type connector, be aware there can be two polarities, male and female.

My eBike kit came with an LCD3 that had a 5 pin green female connector, the LCD4 I bought as a spare has a 5 pin male connector.

• Informative

StuartsProjects

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 9, 2021
And if you curious as to why when I had a working LCD3 setup, I went to the bother of making an LCD4 work; it occured to me that the LCD3 sat on top of the handlebars was fairly prone to damage, even a minor fall could break it and no more eBike assistance.

So the LCD3, and its adapter cable, is to be carried as a spare, small and light so why not.

I have been using the bike with the LCD4 for the past month or so. Its OK, not so much info as the LCD3, but OK.

• Agree

PC2017

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 19, 2017
Scunthorpe
be aware there can be two polarities
Yer I have that with YOSE brake sensors, this LCD is std male to female. The PSW mxus front came with a dual volt controller with a light connector, now I have one controller with a light connector but its pass-through as in always on, this kit came with a 9 pin 1to4 cable not the normal 8 pin and the controller has the 9 pin also, i haven't tested yet but I was hoping the extra pin allowed LCD head-light control.

The big down side to the kit is the 1to4 cable as 3 pin yellow brake sensors not red 2 pin and male not female, the second down side is it came with a light and I ordered one separate a week earlier :mad:

But, for this thread the KT LCD5 does work as standard I tested it on my on bike kit and works as expected. I did ask @Nealh ; I assume it can be chopped and JST'd???

StuartsProjects

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 9, 2021
As well as the connector polarities on the displays I was using being different, the connection pin order was also different, so a simple gender changer would not work for me.

• Informative

PC2017

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 19, 2017
Scunthorpe
connector polarities on the displays I was using being different,
so I wonder if this was by design ie OEM propriety or different factory/older spec or error in planning?? I figured YOSE was propriety but it looks Bafang but it was only the 1to4 cable on the brakes, LCD/throttle worked as KT standard pin out. And I didn't want to risk purchasing Bafang brake sensors or 3rd party in case the pin out was different to YOSE but YOSE was charging £25.00+postage for their sensors or use the brakes in the kit or fashion some sensors from the kit brakes - Lucky I had a spare dillenger 1to4 cable and 2 pin red brake sensor which turned out to be KT standard so it was just a case of swapping. My Noob days what a palaver!