KT-LCD3 Meter Dual Mounting Bracket

RoadieRoger

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 8, 2010
When fixing this Meter to the handlebar of my new Fat Tyre Folder I broke one of the clamps on the Bracket . I have failed three times to glue it using Araldite . It was a bit of a struggle originally to clamp to the handlebar which would have been a lot easier with longer screws . Does anyone know of a Supplier for just the bracket which screws to the Meter ?

RoadieRoger

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 8, 2010
Thank you Daniel I have ordered one . Using longer clamp screws avoids applying too much force and consequent breakage . Incidently the Manufacturer in China came back to me in less than 24 hours and said they could supply one for pence but the Federal Express charge would be 50 dollars !

vfr400

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 12, 2011
Basildon
It's very easy to make your own bracket out of 1.6mm or 3mm aluminium plate and a Dremmel. Fix it with the stem cap so that the LCD is positioned over the stem, which looks much neater.

Drremmel out a large hole to fit with your stem cap. Then drill the two holes for the LCD fixing screws about 30mm from it. The rest of the shape can be whatever you want. Dremmel the profile leaving about 3mm around the holes. You'll probably end up with a triangle shape with rounded corners. Once fixed with the stem cap, you can bend the LCD up to the best angle. The whole job takes about 20 minutes.

RoadieRoger

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 8, 2010
Thanks VFR for your suggestion . If I get any more trouble with plastic I will go down the aluminium route .

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
The Ali head bracket is one I use an have three bikes with this set up, 2 with lcd and one with a Watt meter in a small project box.