KTM and FLI Distribution part ways

Barrio Barranco

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 24, 2018
Hi folks,

My KTM Macina Lycan 271 (2017) is still going strong, and I'd been considering "future proofing" it a while back by buying a bushings/bearings kit from KTM for the rear suspension but procrastinated on it...well, just tried in vain to source the parts in the UK through the usual FLI Distribution only to find out they don't deal with KTM now, not since May 2023...
Does anyone here know what's going on regarding getting spares? Can't find any info on a new "partner" to take up the reigns? Or can anyone point me in the right direction of any shops that could help out??
TIA....

saneagle

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 10, 2010
Telford
Hi folks,

My KTM Macina Lycan 271 (2017) is still going strong, and I'd been considering "future proofing" it a while back by buying a bushings/bearings kit from KTM for the rear suspension but procrastinated on it...well, just tried in vain to source the parts in the UK through the usual FLI Distribution only to find out they don't deal with KTM now, not since May 2023...
Does anyone here know what's going on regarding getting spares? Can't find any info on a new "partner" to take up the reigns? Or can anyone point me in the right direction of any shops that could help out??
TIA....
Aren't they all standard bearings that you can get from any bearing supplier?

Reactions: Barrio Barranco

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
dont ktm have another uk distro? surprised it lasted that long as he went on like a nob head and out right refused to sell sclass bikes without proof of the land you own to use it on.

as long as there not custom made take them out and measure them and get them off ebay and save a fortune.

Reactions: Barrio Barranco

Barrio Barranco

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 24, 2018
I reckon the bearings will be fairly standard types ("MAX" as they don't really spin), more concerned over any bushings such as the main swing arm behind the motor. Not had any issues so far probably because from day one I put on an unfashionable "Mudhugger" and shielded the lower part of the shock/swing arm bushes with a fitted neoprene cover to stop it getting grit blasted, then later added an extension to the mudguard as a better solution than that. It may well be that there is standardised parts in there, the headset has standard bearings, might have to wait and see what happens or maybe try and contact KTM... Cheers for the replies....! (I might get bored over the winter and pull it apart to measure and record everything for future reference, just about to fully overhaul the rear Monarch and the Pikes are getting the "Debonair upgrade" (from 130 to 140mm) and a rebuilt damper...5 years on the damping's not so plush lol)

Barrio Barranco

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 24, 2018
SW- No new distributor which is weird...maybe they're done with bikes in the UK, that link did say something about the USA being a bigger market or something? (Think Winstanleys or Tredz do KTM?)

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
bosch use magura shitmano uses Madison genelec uses source distribution for there stuff fkn nightmare

Barrio Barranco

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 24, 2018
Just sent an enquiry to "ktm-bikes.at" so it's off to Austria....I'll report back because this may be helpful to others (well, depending what they say, probably have to order from Austria if they deal with us after Brexshit..... One thing I've found out sourcing parts for the Monarch service is that the UK is a F***ING RIP OFF.... Can get a new Monarch RL for £111 in Germany(not sure if that would be subject to import/vat but still WAY cheaper than here), and all the service kit parts are more than half price.... but "Bike-components.de" want a min spend of Eur165 or they won't post it- I emailed them to ask them to justify it and Brexshit got the blame...Got a friend who visits twice a year from Germany, gonna fill her car up with "gifts" to myself next time she comes lol)

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
getting anything from the eu now is a fkn night mare 1 plastic part for my bike 30 quid and 10 sheets of paper with it like wtf.

everything i get from china is free postage tho and import free :p