KTM E-Style P .

richard power

Pedelecer
Mar 8, 2014
Can anyone tell me how to derestrict a 2013 KTm E-Style P . It's the panasonic rear hub compact motor model .

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
They were hard wired for that limit, although the rear orange hub one may be able to use a dongle on that bike.

richard power

Pedelecer
Mar 8, 2014
Don't think so - but try it and see.
I would if I knew how, I can't remember how to do it . I have a new 12 amp battery , as against 8.8 amp in the old one . It's like the old bike on steroids. The bike is seven years old in March and she was never as good as this !
Would anyone have the manual for that monitor ?

Last edited:

Jonah

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 23, 2010
EX38
I’m fairly sure I tried changing the wheel size when I had one of these. It messes up the speedo (as you would expect) but didn’t increase the limit.

richard power

Pedelecer
Mar 8, 2014
I’m fairly sure I tried changing the wheel size when I had one of these. It messes up the speedo (as you would expect) but didn’t increase the limit.
Ok, thanks for that info . Having thought more about it, I wont try to increase it at all.
She is absolutely flying and her and her top end is gone up to 16.6/17 with the 12 amp battery . Don't know why , but it is ! This was my first e-bike and I love it to bits , I was so lucky with the choice I made 7 years ago, as I didn't know anything about e-bikes. Thanks all and thanks for the monitor manual as this is very useful ! Happy new year to all and stay safe .

Andy-Mat

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 26, 2018
If I could increase the wheel size on the monitor would it increase my max a bit ?
You need to reduce the wheel size if possible, on the monitor, that will make it faster. Increasing it will make it slower.....
Physics!;)
Happy New Year
Andy

• Agree
Reactions: Jimod

01wellsd

Pedelecer
Apr 30, 2020
Bristol
I decreased the wheel size on my Wisper's display and increased the top speed of the electric assistance.
There is a natural limit on what you will get out of it though, I think the motors are capable of between 18-20mph before they run out of steam!

richard power

Pedelecer
Mar 8, 2014
I decreased the wheel size on my Wisper's display and increased the top speed of the electric assistance.
There is a natural limit on what you will get out of it though, I think the motors are capable of between 18-20mph before they run out of steam!
Thanks a lot ! Stay safe .