KTM Macina in the Yorkshire Dales

boxin

Just Joined
Sep 1, 2012
Hi Everyone,
I should of joined this forum before now as I have enjoyed these pages as a guest when researching the world of E-bikes, but better late than never.
I am on my second Pedelec now finding through trial and error that (in my experience) if you live in a hilly part of the country and encounter a lot of climbs on your journeys you should buy a crank driven bike.
My first E-bike was BionX powered bought after spinal surgery and a prolapsed disc left me with nerve damage in my leg and other assorted hip problems through drop foot, the bike was fantastic but when my friend bought a Bosch powered Scott we found he could travel three times the distance over the same terrain even though the Bosch battery was smaller than mine..Conclusion..Bosch crank drive is far more efficient than my BionX hub drive.
BionX powered bike sold and the search for a Bosch driven bike began, Although 99% of my riding is done on the road I favour a MTB style of bike for the comfort that good suspension forks and balloon tyres give, I found the KTM Macina after searching the tinterweb at Rad-Sport-Brucki...an Austrian family owned bike shop, I emailed them on Sunday evening expecting a reply the following day, 5 minutes later I got a reply from Helmut Bruckenburger the owner confirming they had a bike in stock in the size I required he also confirmed the price including shipping, I transferred the monies on Monday morning through my internet banking and emailed Helmut to say the cash was on its way I then sat back expecting the bike to arrive in about 10 days time.
Wednesday lunch time the UPS van delivered my bike!!! to say I was absolutely gobsmacked would be the understatement of the year, 2.5 days from ordering to delivery from Austria is what I call service.
I paid £1819 including delivery and bank charges, the list in Blighty is £2200 and the bike was out of stock at the time of ordering.
The KTM is a 29er so it rolls a bit faster than the scott on its 700c`s I have fitted Schwallbe big apple`s and a thud buster suspension seat post to give a very comfortable ride, a rack and rear mudguard are being fitted next.
I look forward to many enjoyable miles on my KTM and will keep you all posted as to my progress.
Best regards Andy..

gray198

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 4, 2012
welcome Andy
sounds like you got a bargain there, and excellent service

gray

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
Congratulations Andy, a great bike, superb service and an excellent price. The perfect consumer experience. I hope you get many years of enjoyment from it.

eddieo

Banned
Jul 7, 2008
my first Bosch last year was a lower spec macina then your new bike and KTM build fine bikes IMO...Enjoy!

you are spot on re Bosch efficiency, my new Bosch bikes battery lasts much longer then our hub motored bike.