Ku151 controller and s-lcd1

Drywax3d

Finding my (electric) wheels
Apr 20, 2014
Hull
www.hu5h.co.uk
Hi guys I've got a slight technical issue which after days trawling the net still can't find the answer

I have the ku151 controller from bms 48v 1000w and just bought the s-lcd1 from bms LCD cycle analyst

The ca has 5 wires (+dc -dc. Control. Tx. Rx)

But the ku151 only has 4 wires to connect into as far as I can see

Can I use this LCD with this controller?

If so which wires to connect?

DC connections I know

Thanks

D

Deleted member 4366

Simple answer: No.

To use your controller without a panel, you need to join the red and blue wires on that connector. Put a switch between them so that you can switch the controller on and off to save complicated battery switches or disconnections.

What's the rest of your setup?

Drywax3d

Apr 20, 2014
Hull
www.hu5h.co.uk
I had it setup as throttle only on q11 48v 1kw and the ku151 and then decided to upgrade so I could monitor the battery level and speed
I've got the LCD display working but doesn't appear to be registering the speed
I used a seperate speed sensor
It does show battery level as full but wether or not this is the default display I'll have to wait and see
I was hoping that I might be able to do some soldering to rectify the problem or a little by passing
The bike is an old beach cruiser single gear so I will be hoping to go pedal assist with throttle optional ill post a photo later

D

Deleted member 4366

You can use it to switch on the controller and display the battery voltage, but the speed signal comes from the controller via the tx and rx wires, which you don't have. The power levels and other settings also go from the LCD to the controller via tx and rx. The green wire that you do have would have a fixed DC voltage from the LED panel to tell your controller what to do. Level 1 = 1v, level 2 = 2v, level 3 = 3v and 6km/h button = 4v. Your LCD sends data that the controller won't be able to understand.

Drywax3d

Apr 20, 2014
Hull
www.hu5h.co.uk
Just a quick thought would I be able to bypass the controller and use the tx rx wires to link directly into the LCD the speed sensor has 3 wires not sure what each one does I'm assuming there -dc +dc and signal in which case the answer I assume would be no

D

Deleted member 4366

No. The speed sensor just pulses. The controller's microprocessor calculates the speed and sends it to the display as data, but only if you have a LCD controller, which you haven't.