Kudos cobra

Siam

Just Joined
Aug 21, 2013
Hi I'm looking to buy the kudos cobra on the cycle to work scheme, does any1 have this bike or tested it or have any links to reviews, I want it to commute to work a 12 mile round trip in Newcastle upon Tyne. Thanks

Streethawk

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 12, 2011
Hi, welcome to the site. I've tried the Arriba and I liked it a lot. Looks like the same frame but a more basic 8fun motor, they're well proven motors and I'm sure it will be a good bike for the money. Kudos are on the forum, so they will be able to advise you more.

Siam

Just Joined
Aug 21, 2013
Thanks for that...... According to the spec sheet the cobra uses the bafang swxh 250w motor

I've read it's ultra reliable and quite powerful..

I am driving over to Penrith from Newcastle tomorrow for a test drive of the arriba as its the only model they have in stock but is out of my price range....

D

Deleted member 4366

The Tornado is my favourite. It has a much more powerful motor than both the Arriba and the Cobra. If you weigh a lot or have a lot of hills, the Tornado''s a better choice. If you're 75 kg or less, or if it's flat where you ride, or you're good at pedalling, the Cobra will be better. The Cobra has all the standard electric stuff - well proven.

Siam

Just Joined
Aug 21, 2013
I am 95kg but the ride is mainly flat, I did look at the tornado but the price limit on the ride to work scheme is £1000

RobF

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 22, 2012
I am 95kg but the ride is mainly flat, I did look at the tornado but the price limit on the ride to work scheme is £1000
Most places can find a way for you to add some money to the scheme.

I'm sure the Tornado is a nice bike for the price, but it's not a commuter.

Mudguards, a pannier rack and lights are usually required for that purpose.

All these things can be retro-fitted, but they spoil the look of a mountain bike.

You might be better off looking for an ebike already equipped for commuting, there are lots.

trex

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 15, 2011
the Kudos Tourer is a better commuting bike. Same motor, better gears.

Streethawk

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 12, 2011
Thanks for that...... According to the spec sheet the cobra uses the bafang swxh 250w motor

I've read it's ultra reliable and quite powerful..

I am driving over to Penrith from Newcastle tomorrow for a test drive of the arriba as its the only model they have in stock but is out of my price range....
That's where i tried the Arriba, there's a good hill in Penrith for testing which Pete will be able to direct you to.

grldtnr

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 22, 2012
south east Essex
Personally speaking, I have the Kudos 8 spd, well equipped for commuting, but I do find the ride very harsh, also not quite the right size for me, but then again previous bikes have been sized larger, ( one size fitis all , Just doesn't!)
the Kudos Tourer is a better commuting bike. Same motor, better gears.