Kudos Duke or Pedego Classic Cruiser?

brianw193

Just Joined
Jun 7, 2014
Hello ... I am looking for a bike with Dutch style handlebars and a more straight upright seating position for a daily commute of 3 miles each way. My physio told me never to ride a racer bike :-( I have looked online at Kudos Duke, Juicy Bikes and Pedego Classic Cruiser .... I love the look of the Classic Cruiser, but it only comes with an 18inch frame and a maximum seat height of 39 inches. I am looking online as I live in Belfast and choices are very few to physically go and see this side of the Irish sea (only Volt, GIANT and PowaCycle). Ever since we built the Titanic my wee country has an aversion to anything that involves moving forward ......

Any advice on frame size for a 6 footer? Or any other brands that I have not thought of with upright seating? I am mainly looking £1000 - £1500 Budget could stretch to £2000 at a push (ditching the second car)

Alan Quay

Esteemed Pedelecer
Dec 4, 2012
Devon
I'm also a fan of cruisers, and have converted my own Trek Clyde.

I've never ridden one, but you should ckeck out the Electra Go! (based on the Townie), or the Moustache, which I have ridden and liked a lot.

You could also consider converting something like a Felt Heritage, or something from Nirve, perhaps the Kilroy.

If you want to have hub gears (worth having for a commuter) then you will have to go front wheel drive, or crank drive. I think front drive is nice on a cruiser because of the weight balance.

Just some other options.

(sorry for lack of URL's, PITA from a mobile)

brianw193

Just Joined
Jun 7, 2014
Many thanks Mike for this info ............ those Moustache bikes look awesome. Will now need to do more homework ...

Kudoscycles

Official Trade Member
Apr 15, 2011
www.kudoscycles.com
Brian,you should also look at the Kudos City,you will find it a very comfortable riding position. The Duke is a fun retro style bike,but if I am honest the City is a better all round bike,the extra gears can bu useful if riding unassisted.
There are several members on this forum who ride the Kudos City every day to work.
If you want a step thru ,the Kudos Liberty is identical to the City but in a step thru frame.
KudosDave

Barry J

Finding my (electric) wheels
Aug 6, 2014
Hi Brian

I am 6ft and have the Pedego. The frame size doesn't appear to be a problem and the handlebar and seat position is very comfortable.

RobF

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 22, 2012
The OP joined on June 7, posted, but has not been back since that day.

He even missed Trex telling him to buy a Big Bear - not many people on here manage that.

Reactions: Jimod

trex

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 15, 2011
here is a life style plug for the Woosh BB LS:
husband and wife on holiday.

RobF

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 22, 2012

Jimod

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 9, 2010
Polmont
here is a life style plug for the Woosh BB LS:
husband and wife on holiday.

That's just not right. As we'd say up here. ;)