Kudos King

Nigelk

Pedelecer
Apr 8, 2012
Nr Banbury
Kudos King.
Having now done nearly 200 miles on the bike, I thought I would do a review.
I chose the Kudos King bike for the battery lifepo4 and 36v motor, along with the mountain bike as I ride mostly off road, gravel and forest paths.
I knew the spec I was buying before handing over my money, so I already knew the changes I was going to make. I prefer upright on my bikes so I changed the handle bar riser to an adjustable one, mine now is 90 degs, instead of the flat one that comes with the bike, my arms were stretched
And I found the weight on my arms and shoulders too much leaning forward. I also replaced the saddle, now have a sofa type one on the bike, along with a suspension type seat post. Not every ones way of riding a mountain bike but I like it. I also changed the pedals for larger ones; my feet didn’t feel comfortable on the ones supplied.

So just a few pounds spent and the bike is now comfortable for me. There is a hill on one of my rides that I have never been able to get up on my other e bikes so wasn’t sure if this one would. This is my first 36 volt 250w brushless, others were 24v 200w. I am pleased to say I went up without any problems.

The bike handles well, the motor has enough power for my needs and I mostly use level 4 about 14-15 miles an hour with my own input.

The only thing I would point out to anyone is to perhaps replace the little U shaped clips that hold
Some of the wires to the frame, they came off mine, probably because of the bumpy paths, which
Let the wire hang down. But cable ties easy to fit and there is a slot that allows the tie to pass through. I would recommend this bike but beware the battery does cause the bike to be slightly top heavy so be careful when using the side stand as it may tip over on uneven surfaces.

The 24 gears are really good on mine and after a little adjustment slide through low and high very well, after lubricating them as required. The panel display is very good and has everything that is required. The brakes are adequate but be careful if going downhill at high speed, everything has its limits. I have some side panniers on mine and it does help hide the fact it’s an electric bike, which I prefer. I do appreciate that other e bikes are probably just as good as this one, but the cost of replacement battery and the spec of the bike helped make my choice.I am really pleased with the bike.

Hope this helps someone.