Kudos sport

bluebottle54

Just Joined
Jun 23, 2011
Maidstone
I just thought i would write a few words on the Kudos sport. First impressions are favourable. It appears, and in my opinion, is well made. I like the idea of the battery behind the seat rather than between the rear wheel and frame, which makes a bike too long.
Well i have been riding my sport to work for a few weeks now and on the way home each evening i ride up a hill, which is a 10 % gradient, with ease. It has a very powerful motor.
It has built in lights, nice touch that. Although the front light is bright, it doesnt throw out much light. So i use a headlight.
I have ridden other electric bikes, but they cant compare with this one. I much prefer now, the motor being in the front wheel. It was heavy to steer at first but you soon get used to that. All in all, a brilliant bike for the money.

freddie80

Finding my (electric) wheels
Feb 19, 2011
Had kudos sport for just over a week,ordered on the Tuesday delivered on the Thurs 1st impressions packaged very well so no damage to bike which when opened was nearly built so no messing about if not mechanically competent,just had to fix handlebars saddle and pedals,pump tyres up, battery already partly charged so ready to go.Bike looks and feels very well built with good quality parts.So on to the important thing how does it ride with this been my 1st e-bike i`ve nothing to compare to except standard mountain bike on the same route to work.Journey is just short of 7miles with a quite long steep climb, on my normal bike the journey took 35-40mins arriving at work in a sweaty mess,1st ride on the kudos took 25 mins the steep hill was no problem for the kudos with its 36w battery.Can get 30-35 miles on 1 charge using a mixture of pas and throttle.In summary if looking for mid price e-bike with good quality parts,good hill climbing and range kudos sport is the bike for you

bluebottle54

Just Joined
Jun 23, 2011
Maidstone
In response to my earlier, Iam afraid to say that after having the bike a year i have changed my mind about this bike.
First the forka are a joke. Thay never really worked that well anyway, but now not at all. Even keeping them clean and lubed has no effect. The wiring to the back light is exposed and is as thin as a human hair so keeps breaking. Very dangerous as i ride to work in the dark! The motor is now so loud that people can hear me from a long way off especially on an incline. Seriously embarrassing.
The bottom bracket has disintegrated.
I could go on, but you get the drift i think. Maybe i was just unlucky. who knows?