Kunteng (KT) brand reduced shipping to the UK from Aliexpress

Greg_London

Just Joined
Jul 24, 2022
Hello,

I bought a bunch of KT stuff on Aliexpress a while back and have gone back recently to buy another controller. I've found that most of the sellers are unavailable to send a KT controller to the UK. If I VPN to the US and select US for shipping I see the product availability just like it was last time (lots). It's difficult to find a sinewave KT36/48SVPR-ffF10 to buy and keep as a spare here in the UK right now for anything close to the previous price(~£30)

Does anyone know what is going on? The alternatives seem to be twice the price.

guerney

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 7, 2021
I don't know anything whatsoever about KT controllers, but if your provide a link to the product you're looking for, I or others can attempt to find a lower price.

flash

Pedelecer
Apr 1, 2009
CW12 Congleton
Hello,

I bought a bunch of KT stuff on Aliexpress a while back and have gone back recently to buy another controller. I've found that most of the sellers are unavailable to send a KT controller to the UK. If I VPN to the US and select US for shipping I see the product availability just like it was last time (lots). It's difficult to find a sinewave KT36/48SVPR-ffF10 to buy and keep as a spare here in the UK right now for anything close to the previous price(~£30)

I buy radio stuff of Aliexpress and noticed the same thing. However if I put the item in my basket it then becomes available to the UK. Some items I ordered like this turned up yesterday. Maybe worth a try.

• Informative
Reactions: guerney

Greg_London

Just Joined
Jul 24, 2022
I tried as suggested above by Flash but sadly it is the same result. I get a load of search results offering the sort of choices like I could buy at the beginning of the year. When I add to the basket and sign in the product becomes unavailable.

Link to the store item here.....
^^^^^^^^^^

guerney

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 7, 2021
If I set shipping destination for the UK, the listing disappears. I've just tried adding various cheap KT controllers into the shopping cart, and I get this message flashing briefly.

Last edited:

Peter.Bridge

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 19, 2023

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
I buy all my KT from aliexp stores or TBK , never had an issue .

guerney

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 7, 2021
Those mysterious KT controller things listed on TopBikeKit's AliExpress store appear to be checkoutable, with delivery destination set for the UK.

guerney

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 7, 2021
Hello,

A couple of days ago, I messaged one the shops with the disappearing listings of KT 15A sine wave controllers, and it said:

"ok, let me check
i have checked , because the controller is ouit of stock , so sorry , only have Squarewave"

The link doesn't work. It's just a link to Aliexpress, not the product.
That's definitely a product link or link to a product list, namely:

https://www.aliexpress.com/store/1101489390?spm=a2g0o.productlist.main.6.5469f167HwOxOi

...but it gets redirected to the AliExprress homepage, presumably because it's out of stock.
I guess AliExpress keep the listing up to attract traffic and maintain SEO, and if someone US based was logged in with an AliExpress account and US postage address (as opposed to simply surfing using a VPN, while not logged in), they may have the same issue when adding an out of stock item to their shopping cart.

The alternatives seem to be twice the price.
Scarcity increases value. Ebikes are great Xmas presents.

Last edited: