L.E.V. Research Project

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
Weird. The image gallery in Downloads shows a Swiss Flyer, a Sparc from SRAM and something that looks like a Currie electrodrive sticking out of a hub unit. Not quite sure what they are getting at, since there's no indication of any new ideas, just an ambition.

gerfried

Finding my (electric) wheels
Jan 12, 2007
Graz
www.hyperbike.cc
Hello,

Unfortunately the project is only 1 month old- so no inventions to show, but believe me there are drafts....
Many thanks for filling in. We are particularily searching for elderly and disabled to fill in our questionnaiere at
Hyperbike
Also we need SMEs and researchers from Irland, Flandres, Denmark, Norway, The Netherlands, Spain, Tuscany, Sweden, Slovenia for an European project.
please send us a mail via
FGM Mail formular
many thanks

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
Duly filled in.

I don't think much of the tip during the survey to use Li-ion as the best for hill climbing. This isn't true, since chemical exhaustion makes them less capable than NiMh in this respect. That was neatly underlined this morning when the one week old newest of three Li-ions followed the others in dropping below cutout point three times during a 2.25 mile mixed climb. Starting with 8%, followed by 12%, followed by 7% gradually reducing to 6% and finally a short 10%. The cutouts were as usual during the latter stages as the chemical exhaustion bit in.

I can and do climb the same stages, using the same substantial pedal effort with the same bike using the NiMh battery, consistently without any problems.

The batteries concerned are 36 volt, the Li-ions Manganese 10 Ah, the NiMh 9 Ah.

Flying Kiwi

Pedelecer
Dec 25, 2006
Buckinghamshire
Looks a bit questionable to me, especially those "double layer capacitators". Interesting how they've used a grey haired chap in what looks like a cardigan to represent "a comfortable cruise", I'm not that old yet :eek:

nigel

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 18, 2006
nigel

A
spongy wonder:confused: no thanx what next;) pillows and blankets.
nigel.southampton.

Nick

Pedelecer
Nov 4, 2006
My current seat is falling apart so I need to get a new one, but none of the local shops have much choice - they tend to be £5 lumps of plastic or Brookes that will take a year to wear in.

I'd not seen anything like the Spongy Wonder before and I think it looks interesting but most people I've asked so far have laughed at it but have no experience of it. Maybe the lack of nose would make it unstable, I don't know.

Flying Kiwi

Pedelecer
Dec 25, 2006
Buckinghamshire
The Nasty Things Bicycle Seats Do
On the positive side, for those worried about their original seat being stolen from their bike, I cant imagine anyone wanting to steal one of those (even at the price they charge). I've yet to see one of those in use and you'd think bicycle couriers would be all over them if they were that good. Most of the new seats these days have grooves down the middle to reduce/eliminate pressure on bits (including my original 2006 Twist Comfort seat) so I'm scepticle how much of this is marketing hype and being different just for its own sake to promote sales.

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
I did see a test somewhere of a two pad saddle, but can't remember if it was this one. I can remember that it wasn't favourable though.