Lafree battery replacement

deesee

Finding my (electric) wheels
My daughter's Giant Lafree battery is failing (it's had over four years of rigorous use on the hills of North Dartmoor where she lives - so not bad I suppose).

I know this subject has been discussed already on this forum - but I don't remember there being any positive solution to the problem.

Any suggestions please?

David

PS My Agattu continues to give me more pleasure each time I use it. I've changed the rear sprocket to 19 teeth - as suggested by Flecc in his excellent review. It's not only given me that extra bit of power-assisted speed but means I'm not having to pedal too fast for comfort in top gear. The loss of the lowest gear is no problem as, in my experience on the level roads of East Kent, it was lower than necessary anyway.

aaannndddyyy

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 7, 2007
Norwich Norfolk
My daughter's Giant Lafree battery is failing (it's had over four years of rigorous use on the hills of North Dartmoor where she lives - so not bad I suppose).

I know this subject has been discussed already on this forum - but I don't remember there being any positive solution to the problem.

Any suggestions please?

David

Here`s Flecc`s site with detailed instrutions. battchoice
If the batteries are not available I found these.
lafree items at low prices on eBay.co.uk

Last edited: