LCD S866 + Brainpower controller

mamutskywalker

Finding my (electric) wheels
Oct 22, 2019
He guys,

I bought a S850 LCD and a G51 controller for the Fiido D2s.
with the help of this topic I can install it well but the PAS does not work.
Everything seems to be connected properly. The bike works just fine with the throttle.
I measured PAS cables, I measured 4.3V unconnected red cable, 1.3V blue cable and black ground.
Connected, red cable 4.3 V, blue cable ranging from 0.1 to 0.6 V with turning the wheel.
PAS sensor is the original from FIIDO itself.(it worked ok with the old controller)
There is no light on the PAS sensor, is this normal? with turning the wheel.
hopefully you have a good idea for me, because I don't know anymore.
The settings are
P1=3
P2=1
P3=36V
P4=5
P5=5
P6=16
P7=20
P8=100
P9=0
P10=2
P11=24
P12=4
P13=8

Thanx

Speedee

Pedelecer
May 11, 2019
Tour connections and settings are not the problem. These controllers don't like the original Fiido PAS. Order a cheap 7 or 9 magnet on-line. You will have to find a way to mount the sensor to the frame (I glued them on) and you will have to pull the crank arm off to install the magnet disc (and remove the old pas).

Gooobz

Just Joined
Aug 18, 2019
He guys,

I bought a S850 LCD and a G51 controller for the Fiido D2s.
with the help of this topic I can install it well but the PAS does not work.
Everything seems to be connected properly. The bike works just fine with the throttle.
I measured PAS cables, I measured 4.3V unconnected red cable, 1.3V blue cable and black ground.
Connected, red cable 4.3 V, blue cable ranging from 0.1 to 0.6 V with turning the wheel.
PAS sensor is the original from FIIDO itself.(it worked ok with the old controller)
There is no light on the PAS sensor, is this normal? with turning the wheel.
hopefully you have a good idea for me, because I don't know anymore.
The settings are
P1=3
P2=1
P3=36V
P4=5
P5=5
P6=16
P7=20
P8=100
P9=0
P10=2
P11=24
P12=4
P13=8

Thanx
How many wires does your pas controller have? How many magnets? Does pedaling backwards work? Other threads talked about PAS extensively. Sometimes, what you need is only a cheap pas sensor from ebay :)

mamutskywalker

Oct 22, 2019
@Speedee thank you, if you are pretty sure in this? I will now order a PAS sensor.

@Gooobz i have 3 wires from the controller and from the PAS sensor. I don’t know exactly how much magnets but here in the threat men sad 6, i am not sure. It doesn’t work backwards.if needed I will buy one.

thanx

Speedee

Pedelecer
May 11, 2019
Sorry, that's what I meant, 5 or 8. I used values between 7 and 9 to tweak the response of the controller, that's why I mixed them up with the real amount of magnets on a disc.

Speedee

Pedelecer
May 11, 2019
And yes, 100% sure. I tried everything to get it working with the original pas. From repinning the connector to swapping magnets around and even removing magnets. The fiido pas is a dual hall sensor one which might work fine with a KT controller but it won't do anything with the brainpower controller.

mamutskywalker

Oct 22, 2019
@Speedee thanks for the help, the PAS has arrived and I have installed it. it functions without problems.
I still have a question why did you say one with 5 or 8 magnets and not with 12 magnets. wouldn't it work better? Maybe start faster with assistance, my bike starts with assistance after about 2,5 or 3 turns with the pedals.

the light and the horn connected today, it works well to.

thanks everyone

Attachments

vfr400

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 12, 2011
Basildon
People think that more magnets will give a faster response time, but they don't. I guarantee that you won't detect any difference between an 8 magnet disc and a 12 magnet one. The controller has algorithms that prevent the motor going off when you don't want it to. It's not as simple as counting pulses. As far as I can figure out, it uses a time period that it sees pulses coming before the motor gives power, so the only gain you get is from when the first pulse comes. At a cadence of 60 rpm, the average time for the first pulse with a 12 magnet disc will be 1/24 of a second. For an 8 magnet one, it will be 1/16 of a second, so the difference between the two is 0.02 secs.

Different controllers have different algorithms and periods that they want to see pulses before they give power. Some are as long as 2 seconds, many are around 1/2 a second and some, like KT are very fast - too fast to estimate. There is also a corresponding run-on time after you stop pedalling. These delays are completely independent of the type of magnet disc.

mamutskywalker

Oct 22, 2019
Thanks for the explanation, it was only a question because speedee said 5 or 8 magnets. I thought there has to be a reason.

Fearandloathing.jt

Just Joined
Dec 13, 2019
I have bought a similar controller an LCD and found the info for the display if it helps anyone. Not tried to make it work yet.
Jesus .... all I wanted was to download that wonderful pdf file that is so damn elusive on all the tech manual sites I use. So after a long looong time trying to get in here...what kinda stupid question is that all about with the " what is another word for electric bikes" wtf crap is all that. Whew. Thanks for reading , Merry Christmas and thanks for the pdf. Cheers

vfr400

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 12, 2011
Basildon
Jesus .... all I wanted was to download that wonderful pdf file that is so damn elusive on all the tech manual sites I use. So after a long looong time trying to get in here...what kinda stupid question is that all about with the " what is another word for electric bikes" wtf crap is all that. Whew. Thanks for reading , Merry Christmas and thanks for the pdf. Cheers
Good point. They need to change it to something with a more obvious answer, like "What sort of person would vote for remain in the EU referendum?"

getgotti

Jan 29, 2019
Can anyone help with this..motor free wheels fine but when the wheel touches floor and you try to ride ...the bike makes an awful screech and motor seems to be blocked.. Only throttle attached, no brake sensors or Pas attached. Using the S866 display and brainpower 13a controller.

vfr400

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 12, 2011
Basildon
Can anyone help with this..motor free wheels fine but when the wheel touches floor and you try to ride ...the bike makes an awful screech and motor seems to be blocked.. Only throttle attached, no brake sensors or Pas attached. Using the S866 display and brainpower 13a controller.
Motor cable not plugged in far enough at the motor end or the bullet connectors are loose or not properly in.

kbaiton

Just Joined
Sep 5, 2019
I recently installed the S866 with the brainpower controller and I noticed something interesting that I thought I would share.

Using my old controller the PAS worked fine. however, when I installed the s866 it was working very erratically. At first I thought I had the setting wrong for the number of magnets, but I double checked and it was correct.

Don't ask me why I thought to do this, but I stuck a rare earth magnet next to the PAS sensor and it fixed everything. it works EXACTLY as it should now. I decided to use some E9000 to glue it to the sensor permanently and its been great ever since.

Just wanted to share this in case anyone else runs into a similar problem with an existing PAS after installing the S866.

Advertisers