LCD S866 + Brainpower controller

maury24

Finding my (electric) wheels
Jun 10, 2020
[QUOTE = "KalEl, post: 569190, membro: 30970"]
Hai provato a mettere p18 a 100? Hai risolto poi?
[/CITAZIONE]
ciao,il p18 è già di default a 100.è il p08 che è bloccato a 25

KalEl

Just Joined
Jul 8, 2020
How can you fit this controller and all the cables into a fiido d2? There is no enough space

dgncsk

Pedelecer
Mar 31, 2017
Ankara Turkey
regarding to 866, will this controller assist me during pedalling with a desired levels of push? I need a controller acts like KT series, which gives me lets say 10% of power at level 1, 30% at level 2 110% at 5.

vfr400

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 12, 2011
Basildon
regarding to 866, will this controller assist me during pedalling with a desired levels of push? I need a controller acts like KT series, which gives me lets say 10% of power at level 1, 30% at level 2 110% at 5.
No, Brainpower uses speed control, not power control.

Reactions: dgncsk

crwro

Just Joined
Aug 15, 2020
Hello everybody, first of all many thanks for all the informations you took the time to post on this forum.
I have read this entire thread but I am still confused about one thing : Assuming the motor has a speed sensor (white wire) and all the connections/settings are correct, is the Brainpower/S866 combo capable of showing the speed while free riding/coasting (when the motor is not powered either by PAS sensor or throttle)? Can anyone confirm this for sure?

I have this problem on my wife's bike and I just want to make sure I haven't missed anything before replacing the controller & display with a KT combo.
I have tried the following :
-checked the white wire coming from the motor, it gives a pulse for every rotation of the wheel.
-checked the contacts, all in good working order.
-connected a different (Bafang 500w) motor which I know for sure has a working speed sensor, same problem, no speed while coasting.
-same with the 750w Bafang hub motor taken from my bike which shows the speed on a KT/LCD 8 combo regardless of the PAS /throttle being active or not.

In conclusion, I'd be grateful if someone can confirm they have a Brainpower controller that shows the speed when free riding, and help me understand if there is a problem with my controller or this is how this type of controllers work.
Many thanks in advance.

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
I don't know the controller and never looked at the settings, somewhere one of the parameters will be for the speed sensor and will need setting to read one magnet pulse for the correct speed reading vfr has knowledge of them.

crwro

Just Joined
Aug 15, 2020
I don't know the controller and never looked at the settings, somewhere one of the parameters will be for the speed sensor and will need setting to read one magnet pulse for the correct speed reading vfr has knowledge of them.
Thank you, what I presume you're referring to is the P7 parameter which has to be set up based on the no of speed signal magnets inside the motor and gear ratio.
This is set up correctly in my case and it shows the correct speed, but only if the motor is running.
If I set the P7 value to 1 (the white wire gives one pulse per rotation) the speed goes from 0 to 99Km/h every time I use the PAS or throttle and back to zero when coasting.

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
Try a different magnet pole count some hubs use more then one speed magnet, try six.

crwro

Just Joined
Aug 15, 2020
Try a different magnet pole count some hubs use more then one speed magnet, try six.
Tried that, no joy. I have tried every value between 1-25 and all multiples of 5 to 100. The only thing I have noticed was a decrease in the speed shown, from 99km/h when P7=1 to the correct speed when P7=100. When coasting the speed is 0 regardless of the P7 value.
My guess is:
- when the motor is powered the speed is read from the magnet poles of the motor (20 magnets x 5 gear ratio = 100) hence the P7 correct value being 100 in my case.
-when coasting, the speed is read in a different way, through the white wire.
What I'm curious about is if my controller is defective and doesn't read the white wire signals, or this is a problem all Brainpower controllers have by design. That's why I have asked if anyone using the Brainpower/S866 combo can confirm that speed is shown while coasting.
Thank you for the suggestions and for your willingness to help, it's much appreciated.

vfr400

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 12, 2011
Basildon
Thank you, what I presume you're referring to is the P7 parameter which has to be set up based on the no of speed signal magnets inside the motor and gear ratio.
This is set up correctly in my case and it shows the correct speed, but only if the motor is running.
If I set the P7 value to 1 (the white wire gives one pulse per rotation) the speed goes from 0 to 99Km/h every time I use the PAS or throttle and back to zero when coasting.
When your speed goes to zero when coasting, it's because you have P2 set to zero instead of 1. There's no need to buy a new controller.

vfr400

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 12, 2011
Basildon
could you please tell me, which one of these chinese products do power control then? I asked same question to sellers, they are not familiar to the products they sell!
Any KT controller.. The Chinese term for current control is "torque simulation".

Reactions: dgncsk

crwro

Just Joined
Aug 15, 2020
When your speed goes to zero when coasting, it's because you have P2 set to zero instead of 1. There's no need to buy a new controller.
Thank you for trying to help but on my bike P2 changes the speed units from km/h (P2=0) to miles/h (P2=1). Tried both values and the speed is still zero when coasting.
Interestingly, the Chinese seller put me in contact with an (allegedly) engineer from the factory, who after checking all the settings decided to reimburse me for the cost of a new KT controller. I don't know if he just tried to get rid of me or he was aware there's a problem with the Brainpower/S866 combo but I have the KT/LCD8 combo on a similar bike and it's way better than the Brainpower/S866, so I'm happy.

dgncsk

Pedelecer
Mar 31, 2017
Ankara Turkey
Any KT controller.. The Chinese term for current control is "torque simulation".
thank you for your reply.
what i have previously ( i shorted cables and burnt this controller) was:

this one. this was able to adjust current at different levels of pas. ( little bit more than required but it was so)
I have bafang conversion kit on my other bike, it has LCD3 screen and i can set everything on that screen. current ratings for pas output, i can set lower than default, and it is not simulating anything, it just gives me 60watts of power at PAS level 1, for instance. When i flick the throttle it has priority and i can control the power output to accelerate. these chinese sellers making things harder to understand on each new model...

vald

Just Joined
Sep 1, 2020
Hello everyone, I read all the posts on the LCD 886, but I didn't find how I could change the display from current amperes to watts. mine appears only in ampere. Does anyone know how to change. Thank you very much in advance.

vfr400

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 12, 2011
Basildon
Hello everyone, I read all the posts on the LCD 886, but I didn't find how I could change the display from current amperes to watts. mine appears only in ampere. Does anyone know how to change. Thank you very much in advance.
After the display is turned on you will see display mode 1. Short press the power button to cycle through all three available display modes.
Display mode description
Mode 1: Trip time, Current speed, Trip Distance
Mode 2: Wattage, Average speed, Total distance travelled
Mode 3: Current, Maximum speed reached, Battery voltage
The battery monitor and PAS level are visible in all modes.

aji2020

Just Joined
Sep 6, 2020
H im new.

ive read 18 pages and i still am not sure what goes in the Fiido D2 (single speed bike with brushless motor) under P07.

So far i have read for P07 (number of speed magnets) - 1 or 20 or 88

Can someone please confirm how many speed magnets?

Thank you

vfr400

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 12, 2011
Basildon
H im new.

ive read 18 pages and i still am not sure what goes in the Fiido D2 (single speed bike with brushless motor) under P07.

Thank you
It depends on your speed sensor - if you have one.

If it's a wheel magnet one, it's P07=1.
If it's in the motor, it's normally P07=1 or P07=6. You know which by the speed read-out on the LCD. If it's a factor of 6 too fast or too slow, it'll be the other of the 2.

aji2020

Just Joined
Sep 6, 2020
im presuming its a motor magnet, i can't see any phyical thing outside the motor that is a magnet reading speed. There is a geared bike the d2s, i know for that its 20 magnets and the tally is 88. I will try inputting P07 = 1 and amend to 6 ... trial and error.

Thanks for the help

KalEl

Just Joined
Jul 8, 2020
H im new.

Thank you
Hi,
Could you please tell me how did you put the s866 controller into the fiido d2?
I have the s866 350w controller and it doesn't fit with all the cables mess

Advertisers