LCD S866 + Brainpower controller

vfr400

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 12, 2011
Basildon
Neal, I know you only want to help him, but i already gave him an instruction that will get him quickly to the root of his problem. More information and more things to try are only going to confuse things. One step at a time, eh?

Sinan, you need a digital multi-meter. You can get one from any DIY shop or from Ebay, Amazon Etc. You shouldn't really think about messing with ebikes if you don't have one. Like this.
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Excel-Green-Yellow-Multimeter-Voltmeter-Ammeter-Meter-Tester-AC-DC-OHM-Volt/283378743329?var=584345156087&hash=item41fab07821:g:7bsAAOSwxS9cZSlU

RossG

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 12, 2019
I think Sinan is left with this connector and he's wondering where it goes. Looks like two wires red & green.

Attachments

Sinan

Pedelecer
Apr 13, 2019
As VFR has said connectors/wires are fairly clear in this picture taken from your link.

1:1 accelerator is the pas connection, Red is 5v , Black is Gnd other colour (Blue ?) is signal.
The SM3 connector is what I call a male though it has the female pins, your PAS sensor has to have the opposite connector. The pas connector needs to be the same as the one as on the speed throttle, if the one you have is different then buy another PAS sensor with the correct connector. Do not go willy nilly connecting things up wrongly other wise you peripheral's will not work also you run the risk of shorting and blowing the controller, it may be possible that you have already done this.

Start from the beginning with nothing connected.
1. Connect the motor phases.
2. Connect the hall blocks/wires.
3. Connect the Display.
4. Connect the battery.

If all is alright the display will come on.

5. Connect the throttle and see if it works.
6. Connect a PAS sensor with correct SM3 connector and wire sequence is right, if done correctly you should get power.

View attachment 29902
this is the same what i done

Sinan

Pedelecer
Apr 13, 2019
As VFR has said connectors/wires are fairly clear in this picture taken from your link.

1:1 accelerator is the pas connection, Red is 5v , Black is Gnd other colour (Blue ?) is signal.
The SM3 connector is what I call a male though it has the female pins, your PAS sensor has to have the opposite connector. The pas connector needs to be the same as the one as on the speed throttle, if the one you have is different then buy another PAS sensor with the correct connector. Do not go willy nilly connecting things up wrongly other wise you peripheral's will not work also you run the risk of shorting and blowing the controller, it may be possible that you have already done this.

Start from the beginning with nothing connected.
1. Connect the motor phases.
2. Connect the hall blocks/wires.
3. Connect the Display.
4. Connect the battery.

If all is alright the display will come on.

5. Connect the throttle and see if it works.
6. Connect a PAS sensor with correct SM3 connector and wire sequence is right, if done correctly you should get power.

View attachment 29902

ok i made two videos one controller and one with display settings

controler: http://sendvid.com/1mk62qp3

display: http://sendvid.com/m74ylm0z

display came together with controller i plug all cabels together but i cant see the wrong

alfred kuhl

Pedelecer
Jan 17, 2019
Hallo, mein englisch ist nicht gut genug zum Schreiben. Ich habe das interessiert verfolgt und kann die Verzweiflung verstehen. Du musst unbedingt den grünen Draht vom weißen trennen! Die beiden grünen „männlich und weiblich“ sind zum anlernen des Controller an den Motor. Die werden nur zur Inbetriebnahme des Motor benötigt. Wenn er angelernt ist und die Drehrichtung passt bleiben die beiden grünen dauerhaft auseinander. Das zweite der PAS Sensor, der Controller hat drei Drähte. Ich sehe bei deinem Rad nur zwei. Das wird kaum funktionieren.

Vorschlag: grünen vom weißen trennen!!
PAS (Kurbelsensor)abstecken, trennen.
Hinterrad aufbocken, so dass es frei drehen kann. Beide grünen zusammen stecken. Am Display einschalten. Dann müsste der Motor drehen. Wenn er das nicht macht wird der Controller vom falschen stecken Schaden genommen haben.
Wenn er dreht hast du Glück und er ist erst mal noch i.o. Dreht etwas hörbar ohne das Rad anzutreiben… falsche Drehrichtung. Dann während des Laufens die grünen trennen und wieder zusammen stecken. Dann sollte das Rad richtig (anders herum) drehen.
Wenn du jetzt „Minus“ ca. 10sec drückst, läuft der Motor mit 6km/h (schiebehilfe)
Dann mal das Ergebnis Rückmelden

Sinan

Pedelecer
Apr 13, 2019
Hallo, mein englisch ist nicht gut genug zum Schreiben. Ich habe das interessiert verfolgt und kann die Verzweiflung verstehen. Du musst unbedingt den grünen Draht vom weißen trennen! Die beiden grünen „männlich und weiblich“ sind zum anlernen des Controller an den Motor. Die werden nur zur Inbetriebnahme des Motor benötigt. Wenn er angelernt ist und die Drehrichtung passt bleiben die beiden grünen dauerhaft auseinander. Das zweite der PAS Sensor, der Controller hat drei Drähte. Ich sehe bei deinem Rad nur zwei. Das wird kaum funktionieren.

Vorschlag: grünen vom weißen trennen!!
PAS (Kurbelsensor)abstecken, trennen.
Hinterrad aufbocken, so dass es frei drehen kann. Beide grünen zusammen stecken. Am Display einschalten. Dann müsste der Motor drehen. Wenn er das nicht macht wird der Controller vom falschen stecken Schaden genommen haben.
Wenn er dreht hast du Glück und er ist erst mal noch i.o. Dreht etwas hörbar ohne das Rad anzutreiben… falsche Drehrichtung. Dann während des Laufens die grünen trennen und wieder zusammen stecken. Dann sollte das Rad richtig (anders herum) drehen.
Wenn du jetzt „Minus“ ca. 10sec drückst, läuft der Motor mit 6km/h (schiebehilfe)
Dann mal das Ergebnis Rückmelden

ja super, einer der deutsch spricht muss ich mir keinen in englisch abkrampfen...

ok super jetzt habe ich es mit dem grünen draht verstanden, super danke...

ich bekomme morgen ein voltmeter, dann werde ich mal die stecker durchmessen, doch das mit dem grünen kabel werde ich mal ausprobieren...

das ätzende ist das auch keine anleitung mitgesendet wird, und informationen aus china bekommen ist die katastrophe, tolles fahrrad echt keine frage, doch service leider echt daneben...

vielen dank

Sinan

Pedelecer
Apr 13, 2019
Neal, I know you only want to help him, but i already gave him an instruction that will get him quickly to the root of his problem. More information and more things to try are only going to confuse things. One step at a time, eh?

Sinan, you need a digital multi-meter. You can get one from any DIY shop or from Ebay, Amazon Etc. You shouldn't really think about messing with ebikes if you don't have one. Like this.
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Excel-Green-Yellow-Multimeter-Voltmeter-Ammeter-Meter-Tester-AC-DC-OHM-Volt/283378743329?var=584345156087&hash=item41fab07821:g:7bsAAOSwxS9cZSlU
so now i got my multimeter

Sinan

Pedelecer
Apr 13, 2019
so now i got my multimeter
i adjusted the voltmeter on 20k ohm, than i hold the black pin on the black GND and measured all wirepins inside the white plug from hallsensor with the red pin...

blue green and yellow all of them are 5,04

in the same line of Black GND there are two more cable white and red the voltmeter show for both 1

my plug test whith pedelsensor Black GND RED and BLUE
red = 1
blue = 12,64

this i testet all on the controller plugs

my test on the bike side:
i saw that the cable assignment from the bike pedelsensor plug and the
pedelsensor plug from controller are not the same, is it possible to open this small plastic plugs to assignment the cable in diffrent way? or do i need buy new plugs for that?

Last edited:

vfr400

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 12, 2011
Basildon
Too much information. I can't understand what you've done. You need to slow down and just do what I say. Here it is again. Use your meter set to measure volts (normally 20V scale unless it is automatic).

Before going any further, disconnect everything from the controller except the LCD and the battery. Switch on the LCD and measure the voltage between the red and black wires on the PAS or throttle or hall sensor connector. It should be 5v.

If that's OK, connect the throttle and motor. Switch on and set the LCD to the highest level, then try the throttle.

Sinan

Pedelecer
Apr 13, 2019
Too much information. I can't understand what you've done. You need to slow down and just do what I say. Here it is again. Use your meter set to measure volts (normally 20V scale unless it is automatic).

Before going any further, disconnect everything from the controller except the LCD and the battery. Switch on the LCD and measure the voltage between the red and black wires on the PAS or throttle or hall sensor connector. It should be 5v.

If that's OK, connect the throttle and motor. Switch on and set the LCD to the highest level, then try the throttle.
ok i did it its 4,8 V i test all 3 PAS or throttle or hall sensor all of them 5 V

i have no throttle to test only the pedal sensor

do i need to buy an throttle???

if i can test other way it will be nice because in germany it is ilegal to drive with throttle...

the motor change voltage when i turn the wheel, i think motor is ok and not the problem

i think it is the pedal sensor plug. i saw the cables from bike side sensor green - black - red and the controller sensor plug black - red - blue... i think i have to change the cables inside the pedal sensor plug

green comes on black / black comes on red / red comes on blue

i think i have to turn it into

green to blue / black to black / red to red.....

i orderd plugs to change the cables, need to wait one week to get them...

Last edited:

vfr400

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 12, 2011
Basildon
If you don't have a throttle, you can test by either using the 6km/h button (see LCD instruction) or by making a bridge between the red and the signal wire on the throttle connector. The signal wire is the wire that is not black or red. Be careful, if the motor works, it will run at full speed. Do not leave the bridge connected if the motor doesn’t spin. Just touch the two wires together to test. You can also use a 10K potentiometer as a throttle.

Sinan

Pedelecer
Apr 13, 2019
If you don't have a throttle, you can test by either using the 6km/h button (see LCD instruction) or by making a bridge between the red and the signal wire on the throttle connector. The signal wire is the wire that is not black or red. Be careful, if the motor works, it will run at full speed. Do not leave the bridge connected if the motor doesn’t spin. Just touch the two wires together to test. You can also use a 10K potentiometer as a throttle.
the bridge worked and the tire start turning

ok i found a manual https://workupload.com/pdf/3WArPUMV

the 6km/h cruise test was successful with the motor...

the pedal sensor problem still not solved

the display show now E 07 on the bottom line

i check with the voltmeter the hallsensor with battery on blue = 1, green= 5 V, Yellow = 5 V

the 6 km/h cruese still work the E 07 is new in display...
https://workupload.com/pdf/3WArPUMV it says motor failor but motor work on 6 km/h cruise

Last edited:

vfr400

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 12, 2011
Basildon
Ok, we're moving forward. The next step is to do the self-learning procedure. Connect the two green wires to the controller and also the LCD, battery and motor connectors. Don't connect anything else.

Lift the motor wheel off the ground, then switch on the LCD and wait. After a few seconds, you should see the motor turning slowly. When it does that you can switch off and disconnect the green wires. If the motor makes a normal turning noise, but the wheel doesn’t turn or if the wheel turns backwards, disconnect the green wires and reconnect them until you get the motor turningc forward.

After that procedure, we can look at your pedal sensor. First, you must make the connection right - black to black, red to red and then the two other wires together. Next, you have to make the correct orientation of the magnet disk. There are two ways you can install it (flip). With one orientation, it will only work when you turn the pedals backwards, and in the other orientation, it will only work forwards, which is the correct way.

Can you show or tell us exactly which type of pedal sensor you have because some can only be installed on the left side of the bottom bracket, others only on the right side, and most can go on either side?

Reactions: Delta Pete

alfred kuhl

Pedelecer
Jan 17, 2019
Hallo vfr400, Frage zum anlernen des Controllers, der LCD Geschwindigkeitsanzeige in Verbindung zum Anlernprozess. Ich habe einen Motor ohne Hallsensor für Geschwindigkeit. Bei dem Rad ist ein Brain Power Controller mit LCD S866 der Motor wurde ohne Hallsensor (Weißer Draht offen) angelernt. Geschwindigkeitsanzeige im Display nur bei Motorlauf. Habe später einen externen Hallsensor angebaut, und kann die Impulse direkt am Controller (weiß-GND) messen. Bekomme aber keine Anzeige im Leerlauf. Nur Geschwindigkeitsanzeige mit Motorlauf. Im Panel habe alles was mit Raddurchmesser und Geschwindigkeit zu tun hat ausprobiert. Ohne Erfolg.
Kann es sein das durch das Anlernen ohne Sensor der Kanal für den Sensor abgeschaltet wird? Mein Controller ist in ein sehr enges Fach gepresst und ich war froh dass ich alle Anschlusskabel da rein bekommen habe. Kann es deshalb nicht einfach probieren. Probieren ohne Aussicht auf Erfolg möchte ich in der Situation nicht. Ich habe schon sehr viele Fragen gleicher Art gesehen aber leider noch keine Lösung dazu.
Google Englisch
Hello vfr400, question to teach the controller, the LCD speed indicator in connection with the learning process. I have a motor without Hall sensor for speed. At the wheel is a Brain Power Controller with LCD S866 the engine was taught without Hall sensor (white wire open). Speed display only on engine run. Later added an external Hall sensor, and can measure the impulses directly on the controller (white GND). But do not get an ad in idle. Only speed indicator with engine running. Everything in the panel had something to do with wheel diameter and speed. Without success.
Can it be that by learning without a sensor, the channel for the sensor is turned off? My controller is pressed into a very tight compartment and I was glad that I got all the connection cables in there. That's why I do not want to try it without a chance of success. I I have already seen a lot of questions of the same kind but unfortunately no solution.

Sinan

Pedelecer
Apr 13, 2019
Ok, we're moving forward. The next step is to do the self-learning procedure. Connect the two green wires to the controller and also the LCD, battery and motor connectors. Don't connect anything else.

Lift the motor wheel off the ground, then switch on the LCD and wait. After a few seconds, you should see the motor turning slowly. When it does that you can switch off and disconnect the green wires. If the motor makes a normal turning noise, but the wheel doesn’t turn or if the wheel turns backwards, disconnect the green wires and reconnect them until you get the motor turningc forward.

After that procedure, we can look at your pedal sensor. First, you must make the connection right - black to black, red to red and then the two other wires together. Next, you have to make the correct orientation of the magnet disk. There are two ways you can install it (flip). With one orientation, it will only work when you turn the pedals backwards, and in the other orientation, it will only work forwards, which is the correct way.

Can you show or tell us exactly which type of pedal sensor you have because some can only be installed on the left side of the bottom bracket, others only on the right side, and most can go on either side?
i done what you told me but i hear only a motor sound but dont see the tire turning i try this procedure 5 times allways the same... i hope i dont kill that controller...

Advertisers