Help! Lcd setting issues for s830 screen

Antonio20

Just Joined
Mar 28, 2021
hey all, i recently bought an electric bike with the LCD S830 installed.
I have been trying to change some settings in the configuration menu, but many settings are locked and cannot be changed (for example P04, P05, P09 etc.).
Can you please tell me how to unlock these settings and make them customisable?
It would be of great help if you could help me on that.

IlkerCagatayAsik

Finding my (electric) wheels
Feb 24, 2021
Inal
hey all, i recently bought an electric bike with the LCD S830 installed.
I have been trying to change some settings in the configuration menu, but many settings are locked and cannot be changed (for example P04, P05, P09 etc.).
Can you please tell me how to unlock these settings and make them customisable?
It would be of great help if you could help me on that.
I also wonder this!

vfr400

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 12, 2011
Basildon
Probably would require a software re-flash, which can't be done by pressing buttons. I'd change the controller and LCD to one that you have control over. The cheaper sets are about £40 and the nicest about £80.

vfr400

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 12, 2011
Basildon
You have some choices:
1. You can buy just the LCD control panel of the same type and hope that its software matches the controller, which it probably will, but might not. About £30.
2. Buy a new controller and LCD of the same type, try the LCD first, and if it doesn't work, swap the controller too. About £40
3. Buy any controller you want with its own different LCD. Nearly all controllers work with your other parts. About £40
4. Buy a better controller and LCD that will give you a better riding experience. About £80

The further you deviate from what you already have, the more adjustments you might have to do to the wiring. There are lots of different connectors and optional wires. In principle, they all have the same essential functions. Typically, you have to cut off ismatching connectors and solder some wires, but sometimes, everything matches. Without knowing what you have, I can't advise further.

You can usually find these parts on Ebay, Amazon, Aliexpress and Chinese resellers. Use Google shopping for your type of LCD:

IlkerCagatayAsik

Finding my (electric) wheels
Feb 24, 2021
You have some choices:
1. You can buy just the LCD control panel of the same type and hope that its software matches the controller, which it probably will, but might not. About £30.
2. Buy a new controller and LCD of the same type, try the LCD first, and if it doesn't work, swap the controller too. About £40
3. Buy any controller you want with its own different LCD. Nearly all controllers work with your other parts. About £40
4. Buy a better controller and LCD that will give you a better riding experience. About £80

The further you deviate from what you already have, the more adjustments you might have to do to the wiring. There are lots of different connectors and optional wires. In principle, they all have the same essential functions. Typically, you have to cut off ismatching connectors and solder some wires, but sometimes, everything matches. Without knowing what you have, I can't advise further.

You can usually find these parts on Ebay, Amazon, Aliexpress and Chinese resellers. Use Google shopping for your type of LCD:
Thanks for informations. I appreciated for that.

Commish

Just Joined
Jun 23, 2022
You cannot reset this LCD display as it is hard-coded in the factory. They do this to set the bike at its optimum settings and to avoid RMAs from customers who cannot get their bike to operate properly after playing with the settings. The ONLY workaround is to purchase a new LCD display unit. I bought one from Amazon for $30 and it works great.

Advertisers