LCD3 broken switch

Gooseman

Pedelecer
May 12, 2020
angus
Switch is broken where it attaches to the handlebars. Is it possible to buy the switches for the lcd3 or just available as a complete unit. If not available are there any 3 button alternatives i could wire up?
lcd3 switch.jpg

Gooseman

Pedelecer
May 12, 2020
angus
If you've got the broken off bit, you can glue it with UV glue.
I've got the broken off bit but didn't think it would glue well on the bend but i see from watching youtube on the uv glue you linked to i can build up layers so will give that a go cheers.

Andy-Mat

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 26, 2018
I've got the broken off bit but didn't think it would glue well on the bend but i see from watching youtube on the uv glue you linked to i can build up layers so will give that a go cheers.
Clean carefully with meths first the areas to be glued, for maximum strength, and do not touch with your fingers. Fingers are fatty!
If it does not hold (it really should if properly done), then cut off the whole of the damaged "ring", and find a metal "bridge/Clamp" that will fit your handlebar, and glue the top bit securely to that! Possibly from plumbing supplies. Or make one from a piece of flat copper or similar, and a nut and bolt. A piece of rubber under it will help to prevent movement.
A wide but short hose clamp may work. See here:-
regards
Andy

Reactions: Gooseman

Gooseman

Pedelecer
May 12, 2020
angus
Clean carefully with meths first the areas to be glued, for maximum strength, and do not touch with your fingers. Fingers are fatty!
If it does not hold (it really should if properly done), then cut off the whole of the damaged "ring", and find a metal "bridge/Clamp" that will fit your handlebar, and glue the top bit securely to that! Possibly from plumbing supplies. Or make one from a piece of flat copper or similar, and a nut and bolt. A piece of rubber under it will help to prevent movement.
A wide but short hose clamp may work. See here:-
regards
Andy
Thanks if the uv glue doesn't hold then i will look into using a clamp as you suggest.